Bad ZSNES File? Help

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

BLuE_HiGH

Bad ZSNES File? Help

Post by BLuE_HiGH »

I downloaded ZSNES not too long ago and had unzipped it to the My Documents folder... then I started experiencing the problems. When I open the MD folder and scroll into view of the ZSNES icon, the computer locks up for several seconds while the icon for the file loads. I can select the file but cannot move it or attempt to delete it by the DEL button or right clicking and selecting delete(I have tried deleting it indirectly but it did not work either), or the folder stops responding and the file stays in My Documents. I did manage to get rid of another of its applications I unzipped by removing everything but the one icon from the folder and then deleting the folder, but I can't do that with My Documents.

What do I do? :?
Paul Bunyan
Lumberjack

Post by Paul Bunyan »

if you downloaded the file from zsnes.com or ipher's website, it is doubtful that the file is the cause of this problem.

Maybe try running a virus scan and update windows.
It is my job to teach the dumb.
[url=http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/]Free Antivirus Scanner[/url]
[url=http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/]Free Adware Scanner[/url]
[url=http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html]Free Spyware Scanner[/url]
BLuE_HiGH

Post by BLuE_HiGH »

Thanks, I'll see if that's the problem... maybe ***romsite*** has a virused file or something though, 'cause I find that pretty strange that only the ZSNES icon takes forever to load like it does.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

In the future, only download an emulator from the official project homepage, or it's linked mirrors.

This is also a good way to ensure that you get a more up-to-date version.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

BLuE_HiGH wrote:Thanks, I'll see if that's the problem... maybe ***romsite*** has a virused file or something though, 'cause I find that pretty strange that only the ZSNES icon takes forever to load like it does.
You just listed a rom site. That's a big no no.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

snkcube wrote:
BLuE_HiGH wrote:Thanks, I'll see if that's the problem... maybe ***romsite*** has a virused file or something though, 'cause I find that pretty strange that only the ZSNES icon takes forever to load like it does.
You just listed a rom site. That's a big no no.
Yeah, I'm suprised he didn't get banned yet.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

It wasn't like he was posting a link, he simply mentioned the site by name. It's been edited out, issue resolved.
~Bent
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Bent wrote:It wasn't like he was posting a link, he simply mentioned the site by name. It's been edited out, issue resolved.
Excellent.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform