Can't save

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

xachine

Can't save

Post by xachine »

Ok, I've been looking around for an answer for this but i can't find anything.
zsnes for windows version 1.51 won't make save states or *.srm's. I'm using an ASUS w90 laptop with two 500GB hard drives both mostly empty. one set up as the c drive the other as the e drive. blu ray player is drive d. I'm using vista home premium SP1 64 bit. im useing an intel core duo mobile Q9100 processor. dx 10. vista UAC is disabled zsnes is being run with admin privileges, i am an admin, the save paths are accurate and not read only. Everyone has full control of this folder for ntfs permissions. i have used zsnes for years and never encountered this. At this point i don't know where the problems lies. please help.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

what are the install path and save path?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
xachine

Post by xachine »

E:\emulators\zsnesw 1.5\ the config file has double slashes in it.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

try ditching the space and period in the path for kicks.

and double slashes? i'll have to check when i get home, but iirc it doesnt need anything but double-quotes around the path if it's not "standard."
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

\\ should work fine even without quotes, since at worst (when parsed) it escapes back into \ .

But yeah, stop putting spaces in directory names. _ wasn't made for ascii art.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
xachine

Post by xachine »

Thanks it works now. It might be a good idea to add a note or warning in config file or the documentation.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Or the developers could, you know, fix it. It's not that hard to parse until comment, end of line, or end of file, find equals sign, split string. Optionally remove whitespace around key and value strings, in case you decide to allow for that in the configuration format. Check for and remove double quotes around the value string.

Maybe it already does this and the spaces break due to lack of quotes? I wouldn't know as I've never stored my emulators or ROM images in directories with spaces. And not for this reason, either. Just because I've never felt the need to include spaces. Or version numbers. I don't usually keep multiple versions installed, and kind of hate it when developers store a version named directory in their distribution archive. And worse when they key the configuration file to the version, so I have to reconfigure the stupid thing whenever I update.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

kode54 wrote:Or the developers could, you know, fix it. It's not that hard to parse until comment, end of line, or end of file, find equals sign, split string. Optionally remove whitespace around key and value strings, in case you decide to allow for that in the configuration format. Check for and remove double quotes around the value string.
Been a while since you ever opened zsnes*.cfg, it seems. Maybe spend a couple minutes seconds before sending advice left and right ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Right, I haven't opened it since... Oh wow, I'm still using 1.51. I'm so sorry, I forgot about the new configuration format. Let me know how that works out for you.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

zpath and psr happened between 1.42 and 1.51, dood.

Although, we might have fixed all that crap shortly after 1.51, heh. You still won't have sound if you try that, so no real loss.
皆黙って俺について来い!!