Sound problems.

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

rawrthness

Sound problems.

Post by rawrthness »

So I've recently been playing with my headset on xD normally i have it off and i was gonna start recording but ive notice i get weird sound problems on some games.

On Zombies ate my neighbours for example when I jump in the water it makes the noise but a little more static than normal and it lasts like 4 seconds longer than it should...

Does anyone know how to fix this i cant find a fix anywhere,
DarkSK

Re: Sound problems.

Post by DarkSK »

Yeah I know what you mean. I've compared the SNES9x Sounds with the ZSNES and for a game like Batman Returns certain sounds like the sound you hear when you make choices on the main menu doesn't even go off at all and the Skeleton clowns on motorcycles sound like their driving egg-beaters. I wish someone would come up with or tell me where I can get a fix for this because after awhile it starts to make the games I'm playing sound "unappealing". However I like the ZSNES because unlike on the SNES9x where the diagonal movements tend to be locked in to different buttons you can pull off diagonal movements on the ZSNES without having to assign seperate buttons just to move or attack in a diagonal fasion. In fact thats the sole reason that brought me over to the ZSNES. However with the unappealing sounds it just kind of creates like a mood killer =(
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Blame the inaccurate sound core. A new sound core was coded a while back, but you'll see it in ZSNES2.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
DarkSK

Post by DarkSK »

Where can you aquire the "ZSNES2"?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

DarkSK wrote:Where can you aquire the "ZSNES2"?
Nowhere, because it hasn't been released yet.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
DarkSK

Post by DarkSK »

Oh okay. Is it going to be released or did the people working on it just lose interest like most of this related stuff.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I was referring to the next new ZSNES version which will most likely carry the version number 2.0. No, it hasn't been abandoned by any means. You can try an older version of ZSNES, (1.42 or 1.50 probably) as those versions have a slightly less borked sound core.
DarkSK

Post by DarkSK »

Okay, sounds good. I guess I may as well just keep watching the ZSNES site for a later version then. Alright, thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

I'd suggest trying out bsnes. The sound core is rock solid. ZSNES 2.0 is going to take a while to complete, while bsnes already should do the job, albeit with much higher system requirements at the moment.