screencrash

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

techman69er

screencrash

Post by techman69er »

i know this question has been asked before but it was not answered correctly. i am using zsnes and after playing for a bit, it will crash and go out of fullscreen mode and into a weird windowed mode. After that happens i can no longer use my mouse or any key on the keyboard, however, i can use the game pad and play the game still. After i finish playing the only way to get out of it is to restart the computer, which is a hasstle, not to mention when it happens i cannot continue playing in fullscreen mode.
my system setup is Asus m2avm mobo, 4gb ram, 8800gt akimbo video card. Im using a game elements recoil game pad (hopefully those specs are enough)

thanks in advance
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: screencrash

Post by odditude »

don't forget what OS (in your case, likely what version of Windows).

anyway, it's likely due to another app trying to grab focus (which would force zsnes out of fullscreen mode and prevent it from accessing the keyboard or mouse). it wouldn't surprise me too much if it's your screensaver.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
techman69er

Post by techman69er »

thank you odditude for your response. im acutally using ubuntu 9.10 to run it. my last job was a tech job working directly with windows machines, and ive grown to hate windows lol. to be honest, i didnt even think to turn off my screensaver, nor did i think that would have caused the problem. i will check on it and repost if that fixes the problem. thank you again
techman69er

Post by techman69er »

thank you! that was the problem. it was also occuring on my netbook and it fixed the same problem. hopefully this will help anyone else that this occurs to.