Help with ZSNES

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

AlexJS

Help with ZSNES

Post by AlexJS »

Hi,

I recently purchased a a disc containing a ZSNES Emulator and a selection of ROM's from Ebay. Unfortunately, I'm not the most technically able person when it comes to computing and I'm having a problem with which I require assistance. I have downloaded a number of ROM's of some of the more obscure games I wanted, that weren't included on the disc I bought, however I have not been able to burn these onto the disc I purchased. I have saved the files in a temporary folder on the Disc Burning program, when I click on My Computer and then onto the DVD-RW icon, the ROM's come up and the Disc Burning Wizard starts. It tells me to insert a disc into the drive, and when I put the disc with the emulator and ROM's into the drive, the disc burning wizard vanishes, and when I click on My Computer, and then the DVD-RW icon, it brings up the Emulator folder, but there is no way to access the saved files I want to add to the disc. Like I said, I'm not very good with computers in general, so I assume it's either something I'm doing wrong or something I'm not doing, but I don't know what it is. The disc is a DVD-R and my computer uses Windows XP, if that makes any difference. Should I be able to add other ROM's to this disc? If the original disc doesn't allow me to add the other files, does this mean that the disc is full? If there is a way of doing it I would appreciate it if someone could give me a step-by-step guide to downloading the other files to the disc.

Also, a couple of the games don't run properly; I was thinking of deleting those files and trying to download them again. However, I don't know how to delete the originals. I have tried right clicking on the titles of the individual ROM's in question, on the game selection list on the emulator, but this doesn't do anything. Any thoughts?

Thank-you in advance for and advice or assistance you may be able to provide.

Kindest regards,
Alex
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Re: Help with ZSNES

Post by Agozer »

Please leave. Don't come back.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
AlexJS

Post by AlexJS »

Instead of being so incredibly rude, maybe you could explain exactly what the problem is? I registered here because I'm having the problems I mentioned in my original post, not to be insulted without any reason. If you have a genuine concern, why not contact me by PM to discuss it properly, instead of resorting to this public bashing. The fact that you seem so quick to post like this, wiothout taking the time to properly explain your motivations speaks volumes about the sort of person you are. Pathetic.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

you're telling the developers of a free program that you paid somebody else for it, and want them to help you out when you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.

ask the person who ripped you off on ebay for help.

or, you know, report him for illegally selling copyrighted material.

btw, you can't modify the contents of a finished write-once optical disc (such as a DVD-R).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

AlexJS wrote:Instead of being so incredibly rude, maybe you could explain exactly what the problem is? I registered here because I'm having the problems I mentioned in my original post, not to be insulted without any reason. If you have a genuine concern, why not contact me by PM to discuss it properly, instead of resorting to this public bashing. The fact that you seem so quick to post like this, wiothout taking the time to properly explain your motivations speaks volumes about the sort of person you are. Pathetic.
funny, everyone here would be categorizing you as pathetic since you payed someone who isn't a developer of the free software you're having issues with.

the program and any games that came with it are all freely available.

the guy you payed the money to didn't even provide a service, since you obviously have no clue what you're doing.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

And here's another one for your collection:

It has the added bonus of being a gigantic download.