Need MAJOR help with my ZSNES emulator

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

HyperChibiAbsol

Need MAJOR help with my ZSNES emulator

Post by HyperChibiAbsol »

Well... OK I just KNEW I shouldn't have touched anything but I was having trouble with getting my Star Ocean ROM to register of the emulator. It's in the same game files as all my other SNES games so I ended up hitting something that made ALL my games' names disappear! I thought that maybe if I just close out and go back in, it would be back to normal. Wrong. I groaned and thought of uninstalling and then reinstaling it but that, too, didn't work.

I began searching through the files to see if I could come aross my game names again but have no idea where to go. *is not computer savvy*

So now... my emulator looks like this. Can ANYONE help?

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Re: Need MAJOR help with my ZSNES emulator

Post by Agozer »

Where did you put ZSNES to begin with? In that screenshot, you are browsing the C:\ root folder. Obviously, this is not the place where you extracted ZSNES or your ROMs.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
HyperChibiAbsol

I have it in a folder in my documents. I was able to use it multiple times before, it's just today I accidentally hit something that made -that- happen. *sweatdrop*
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You should really learn how folders work... as I think you've selected [C:] so now you ended up in your root folder.

If you know where you put your game files in (use Windows Explorer or something to tell you where exactly it is), just follow the path the same way.

Also, if the game isn't actually showing up on the list, it's because it's probably in .7z or .rar and it needs to be extracted FIRST before being used.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
HyperChibiAbsol

Well I tried extracting the games but my computer says they were already extracted and doing so again would just replace the files with the same. :/

But this is how my files look like.

Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

What you've posted is not directory listings...

My suggestion to you is to delete zsnesw.cfg if you're so concerned, in order that ZSNES recreates the file and start in the default folder (wherever the ZSNES folder happens to be). You will have to redo your other settings if that is the case.

I seriously think you need to learn where you are storing your stuff so you don't have to do this.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

By the looks of it all his games are archived, so ZSNES wouldn't be able to detect any games anyway. Well, unless his WinRAR has been configured handles .zip files as well. Can't tell because filetypes aren't visible.

I hate to be blunt, but the OP shouldn't be anywhere near emulators until he/she knows how to work with files and folders - not to mention understanding where exactly his/her stuff is located.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
HyperChibiAbsol

-_-; Well I guess I'll just wait till I move in with my boyfriend so he can fix it (yes. I'm a girl)

Thanks anyway I guess.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Star Ocean (and most other games) work better with Snes9x 1.52 anyway (which it looks like you also have). Snes9x's interface will also probably be easier for you to use.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

actually, that is the full directory listings. learn the joy that is the win6.x start menu.

relevant path is c:\users\owner\documents\zsnes\games

therefore, in zsnes, go to users, then owner, then documents, then zsnes, then games.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
HyperChibiAbsol

Clements wrote:Star Ocean (and most other games) work better with Snes9x 1.52 anyway (which it looks like you also have). Snes9x's interface will also probably be easier for you to use.
I downloaded it today just to see if I could use an alernative emulator but it has no sound. Everything else works fine but Ii would like to listen to the music while I play the game.
HyperChibiAbsol

odditude wrote:actually, that is the full directory listings. learn the joy that is the win6.x start menu.

therefore, in zsnes, go to users, then owner, then documents, then zsnes, then games.

I... *faints* THANK YOU!! *glomps* x3 I have it fixed. :3

Mods, you can close this thread now. :3 I can play my games again. x3
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

odditude wrote:actually, that is the full directory listings. learn the joy that is the win6.x start menu.

i knew i hates NT 6.x for some reason...
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

That's not much different than XP. It's just "Users" rather than "Documents and Settings", which seems like a positive change to me.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae