DerLangrisser slow emulation bug

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

CreatureOfNature

DerLangrisser slow emulation bug

Post by CreatureOfNature »

once the game progresses to the part where u eter ur name, the game slows down to a crawl (my computer's fast enough cause when it press escc it comes back to zsnes meu screen right away, just the game is stalling). any soultions/suggestions on how to fix this? thanx in advance
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Post your rom info and make sure you're using the latest WIP version.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
CreatureOfNature

ok, i tired downloading that wip and the slowdown for that game is gone, but now i'm stuck with anothe r problem after i replaced the zsnes with my old zsnes(i was using the zsnes 1.36 by the way). The sounds are from my games are gone. I know that the roms ahve sounds cause with zsnes 1.36, there were there and i checked the sounds option and sound was enabled...any help there? oh and also how do i get the rom info?

*edit*
ok i spoke 2 soon, the slowdown is still there but i got my sound to work, anyone know how to get the rom information?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

There should be a rominfo.txt that was created by the latest WIP version. That file shows the info of the last rom that was played.
CreatureOfNature

File: DerLangrisser.smc Header: Yes
Der Langrisser TYPE:NORMAL
INTERLEAVED:No BANK:Lo CHKSUM:FAIL
VIDEO:NTSC CRC32:5AB63C49

that was for the rom with the translation patched (i am using the incomplete low life translaton but the slowdown happens even without the translation in place)

File: DerLangrisser.smc Header: Yes
ÃÞ±¥×ݸÞد»° TYPE:NORMAL
INTERLEAVED:No BANK:Lo CHKSUM:OK
VIDEO:NTSC CRC32:35F9EECC

and that is the rom without the translation patch, i'm guessing the translation patch makes the checksum fail, that shouldn't be the cause of the slowdown though because even without the translation patch in place, there is still a slowdown when it gets to the names part
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I tried playing the game after the name part and I didn't encounter any slowdown. Are there any programs running in the background?
CreatureOfNature

not that i know of, besides the folder that holds zsnes and the actual rom.
also, i noticed soemthing else as well, the sound stops on the note that it was on and then the slowdown occours. not sure if that helps in awy way and if it's related to it. also when i load up the WIP zsnes program, if dergrrisser is the first rom i load, there is no sound to start with. i have to load another rom and then load dergririsser to get the sound working. also i've been using the 1.1 version of the rom because the 1.0 version won't work with the patch for me :S not sure if that helps much
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

Just some general hints:
CreatureOfNature wrote:now i'm stuck with anothe r problem after i replaced the zsnes with my old zsnes(i was using the zsnes 1.36 by the way).
Always extract the WIP into its own directory; don't mix files from different versions.

You can also try NSRT (v3.2) to check your unpatched ROM.
Btw. you don't need to hard-patch (w?) it, just put the IPS file with the same name into the directory of the ROM.
"Other people can give you more suggestions as I just lost all my motivation to respond further to this post."
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

[url=http://www.geocities.com/illegal_eagle_2003/]vSNES v2.00[/url]: My SNES savestate viewer.
byuu

Post by byuu »

This is a known issue (at least from our translation of the game's standpoint). The problem is that you have stereo sound enabled. Set the sound to just enabled at 22050hz, don't use any interpolation, stereo, surround, etc. options, and the game will play fine.
Otherwise, after playing for a while (anywhere from 1-20 minutes), the game will lock up and run really slowly. The bug persists in ZST files as well. The only way to get past it is to reset.