Zsnes document problems

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

gaijinx1
Hazed

Zsnes document problems

Post by gaijinx1 »

Richard C. says that the Zsnes 1.40 documentation doesn't display properly in Internet Explorer. Strange, I really don't see any "display problems" in the HTML documents. Is it really necessary to fix them (or it)? I'm glad the project's 100% complete, and I thank the Zsnes team so very much! I'll get to the point, fixing the documentation so it will look correctly isn't vital to emulation. I am well aware that it's nice to know
about the changes are made, but they don't have to 100% flawless, but is
any emulator documentation always perfect English. No. So, if it is 100% complete, go ahead and release it (note I said "If it's 100% complete").
I assure you it will be greatly appreciated.
Sony's PSP may have superior hardware, but like many other systems, it doesn't focus on quality in their games. The Nintendo DS will prevail in the gaming department!
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

I don't know what type of crack you are smoking, but in IE the whole layout and positioning is fucked, while in FF it's of course error-free.
gaijinx1
Hazed

??!

Post by gaijinx1 »

Crack, huh? Buncha bull crap. I'm just tired, that's all (got up at 6:35).
Alright, so Fire Fox fixes the HTML thing. Okay, so what next?
Sony's PSP may have superior hardware, but like many other systems, it doesn't focus on quality in their games. The Nintendo DS will prevail in the gaming department!
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

It looks fine to me (in IE).

Smoking marijuana here. :lol:
Last edited by xamenus on Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaijinx1
Hazed

Post by gaijinx1 »

Perhaps I'm no making myself clear. Let me rephrase that; if Fire Fox corrects the Zsnes 1.40 documentation HTMLs, what's going on then?
I think they should just all-out release it regardless of the HTMLs. It will be very successful.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

IE:

Firefox:

Game, Set, Match, Firefox.
gaijinx1
Hazed

Hmm

Post by gaijinx1 »

That IS better. Sorry about that, I get too anxious too often. I guess I underestimated you and the Fire Fox software. Oh, well. Alright, so can you tell me what the next step is?
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Linux/DOS documentation needs to be done. I agree that IE support is not worth bothering with.
gaijinx1
Hazed

Linux and DOS huh?

Post by gaijinx1 »

Ooooookay...uh, is that really necessary saying as some of us don't have Linux or just plain don't use DOS. Wouldn't be easier to release the Windows version first THEN the Linux and DOS versions. I really, truly
want to try out Zsnes 1.40. It'll kick the crap out of other Snes emulators!
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Clements wrote:Linux/DOS documentation needs to be done. I agree that IE support is not worth bothering with.
But most users use IE, which can cause some trouble.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

Nifty. let me see if I can get it working right.
gaijinx1
Hazed

??

Post by gaijinx1 »

Why can't the Windows port be released? I don't have Linux. In fact, I
could care less about Linux, or DOS for that matter. I am by no means trying to rush anyone in the Zsnes team. I'm just curious, that's all. Any feedback is welcome.
themewin
Lack of Imagination

Post by themewin »

Just shut up. Then I guess that the people who have Linux could careless about the windows port. It all has to be released at the same time so it will be fair to everyone. I hope you know the whole world doesn't revolve around you........
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

There are still people out there that use the DOS port exclusively. It wouldn't be fair towards them if the DOS port would be released later than the Windows port.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
themewin
Lack of Imagination

Post by themewin »

There should be a person that savagely beats people who are that greedy....
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

themewin wrote:There should be a person that savagely beats people who are that greedy....
Greedy people usually get their comeupance - remember Verruca Salt from Charlie And The Chocolate Factory and the all-too-telling Oompaa Loompa song:

OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DOO
I'VE GOT ANOTHER PUZZLE FOR YOU
OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADAH DEE
IF YOU ARE WISE YOU'LL LISTEN TO ME
WHO DO YOU BLAME WHEN YOUR KID IS A BRAT
PAMPERED AND SPOILED LIKE A SIAMESE CAT
BLAMING THE KIDS IS A LIE AND A SHAME
YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHO'S TO BLAME
THE MOTHER AND THE FATHER
OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DAH
IF YOU'RE NOT SPOILED THEN YOU WILL GO FAR.
YOU WILL LIVE IN HAPPINESS TOO
LIKE THE OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DO

That sums it up right there. :lol:
gaijinx1
Hazed

oh, crap!

Post by gaijinx1 »

*Gulp* Sorry!! Long day! I was working at Gandolfo's. Sooo, What I meant to say "All three ports should be released simultaneously!" Is that
better? Look, I'm probably the most anxious person in my family, so in other words, I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting for something as awesome as Zsnes 1.40 to come out. I will wait (as painful as it might be for me) until the day it is released. And no, I am NOT a greedy person.
I am excited for Zsnes 1.40 FYI, it will dominate alll SNES emulators on the internet.
themewin
Lack of Imagination

Post by themewin »

Those Oompaa Loompas really freaked me out........I don't know about you guys though......
gaijinx1
Hazed

...!

Post by gaijinx1 »

One more thing I forgot to mention! STOP MAKING ALLUSIONS TO MOVIES THAT SUCK!
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

gaijinx1 wrote:STOP MAKING ALLUSIONS TO MOVIES THAT SUCK!
Au contraire, I gave a direct reference to a source I identified, so it is a direct quote. Looks like I struck a nerve! :lol:
gaijinx1
Hazed

Post by gaijinx1 »

Anyone there?? Please tell me (an idea) on how much longer you think it
will take to do the Linux/DOS documents. It can't take that long, can it?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Re: ...!

Post by snkcube »

gaijinx1 wrote:One more thing I forgot to mention! STOP MAKING ALLUSIONS TO MOVIES THAT SUCK!
The movie didn't suck.....it was awesome.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
xamenus
Veteran

Re: oh, crap!

Post by xamenus »

gaijinx1 wrote:*Gulp* Sorry!! Long day! I was working at Gandolfo's. Sooo, What I meant to say "All three ports should be released simultaneously!" Is that
better? Look, I'm probably the most anxious person in my family, so in other words, I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting for something as awesome as Zsnes 1.40 to come out. I will wait (as painful as it might be for me) until the day it is released. And no, I am NOT a greedy person.
I am excited for Zsnes 1.40 FYI, it will dominate alll SNES emulators on the internet.
You might want to consider making a donation to ZSNES. At least that will show the developers your appreciation. :)
gaijinx1
Hazed

Post by gaijinx1 »

Donation, huh? I'd really like to, but there's still the issue of money.
Although I have a job, I--yeah, I just can't for the time being. Oh,
and please just don't not respond to my questions, it's common curtesy.
Just one question, what's happening with Linux and DOS versions of Zsnes?
Psychodude

Post by Psychodude »

Looks like I struck a nerve! :lol:
He was molested by an Oompa Loompa when he was young. But yeah. Do you have any idea how much flame mail the ZSNES team would get if the released one version before the others? They don't need that.