HALP!: Save State Screw Up

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

MY573210

HALP!: Save State Screw Up

Post by MY573210 »

Howdy all. First time posting so please bear with me if I fudge it up at all.

Have a pretty in-depth question about the save state system that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer for me.

:!: Nitty Gritty: While trying to load from a previous state, something fell out of my hand and hit *F2. This saved my current and UNDESIRED state over the default slot, which also happened to be the slot I was using for my main file. This normally wouldn't be THAT big of a deal except it was saving me at the exact moment of a "Completely Destroyed" in Final Fantasy VI during a serious span of laziness concerning my saving habits. :oops:

:?: My Question: Is there any possible way to "undo" a save state. Meaning, is it possible through messing with the config file or something to roll back the save state clock that I might access an overwritten save state, so I don't have to lose hours of grinding.

Any and all help offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
-Ivan :mrgreen:
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: HALP!: Save State Screw Up

Post by Deathlike2 »

Short answer is No.

This is a learning moment to save often in the proper manner.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
MY573210

Post by MY573210 »

:shock: Lol. Owned.

Thanks so much for the speedy relpy, m8. I'll kick myself in the ass for a few hours, make a sandwich and get back to grinding I guess. Lol.

P.S: ZSNES is a godsend. Thanks for all your hard work in developing such a rad product. :)
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

if this is windows and vss is enabled, you may be able to grab a previous copy from the file's property sheet (look for a "Previous Versions" tab).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Next time, keep a few rewind states under the elbow, and when that shit happens, rewind it away.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

i thought the timezone difference was in hours, not months..? :p
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

The hell. For some reason this thread popped up as new when I got here. Maybe a bot, and the botpost was deleted right as I entered the thread.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54