Just wanted some help

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

PoweringUp

Just wanted some help

Post by PoweringUp »

1st - I didn't see the word 'Help' anywhere on the actual ZSNES application, and just thought it would help to put in for later.
Anyways, the main reason I am here is to ask: ...Ha, How do I use this? :lol:
I've used numerous Emulators before (PJ64, Visual Boy Advance) and when I went to 'Load' I was completely dumbfounded by what appeared onscreen.

Can anyone help? I just wanted to know how to boot up any games that I have, such as Donkey Kong Country and Super Metroid. Simple step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Re: Just wanted some help

Post by adventure_of_link »

There is (or should be) a readme that comes with ZSNES.. >.> (to be sure you get one, visit http://www.zsnes.com and download it from there)

there's also a FAQ which outlines some common issues here.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

It's a fairly standard file load dialog, so I'm not really seeing where the confusion arises.

About the only "quirks" are that .. is the command used to move up a directory(standard behavior, although not a well-known one among modern Windows users), and there's no support for Windows pseudo-paths like My Documents.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
PoweringUp

Post by PoweringUp »

I don't really know how to navigate, so that's why I'm asking.
In other words, how do I access the 'Downloads' file.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

what version of windows?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

PoweringUp wrote:I don't really know how to navigate, so that's why I'm asking.
In other words, how do I access the 'Downloads' file.
Oh dear....
The "downloads" folder is a directory on your hard drive. Somewhere. Windows is not very forthcoming with that information, and it varies from version to version.

I generally recommend NOT using the default Windows pseudo-directories like "my documents" precisely BECAUSE it's harder to actually find the files. Save your ROM images somewhere like C:\SNES games\ instead of "downloads"
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
PoweringUp

Post by PoweringUp »

Gil_Hamilton wrote: Oh dear....
The "downloads" folder is a directory on your hard drive. Somewhere. Windows is not very forthcoming with that information, and it varies from version to version.

I generally recommend NOT using the default Windows pseudo-directories like "my documents" precisely BECAUSE it's harder to actually find the files. Save your ROM images somewhere like C:\SNES games\ instead of "downloads"
Thanks, it worked.
nuhuysm
Rookie

Post by nuhuysm »

You can watch this video I guess it would be of great help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MD-91n2 ... on3ZXK9HfS