ZSNES on Samsung TV - TV looses signal

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

bugger
Rookie

ZSNES on Samsung TV - TV looses signal

Post by bugger »

Hi all,

I am trying to run zsnes on my xbmc box, and so far, gaming works just fine.
But only for a couple of minutes. After that, the TV suddenly decides to it does not get a signal over hdmi and goes blank.
The game is still running in the background, I can still hear the things that are happening when I press buttons, so it is not hanging.

I am running zsnes on an ubuntu 12.04 machine with nvidia graphics drivres. Anyone got an idea what is happening?

Cheers,
--
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: ZSNES on Samsung TV - TV looses signal

Post by odditude »

bugger wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to run zsnes on my xbmc box, and so far, gaming works just fine.
But only for a couple of minutes. After that, the TV suddenly decides to it does not get a signal over hdmi and goes blank.
The game is still running in the background, I can still hear the things that are happening when I press buttons, so it is not hanging.

I am running zsnes on an ubuntu 12.04 machine with nvidia graphics drivres. Anyone got an idea what is happening?

Cheers,
--
is the time period consistent? are you running into your screensaver timeout (and ubuntu is choking on zsnes's method of screensaver suppression)?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
bugger
Rookie

Re: ZSNES on Samsung TV - TV looses signal

Post by bugger »

odditude wrote: is the time period consistent?
Pretty much, yes (haven't timed it precisely).
are you running into your screensaver timeout (and ubuntu is choking on zsnes's method of screensaver suppression)?
I doubt it, I have no desktop environment running on the machine, just X

Cheers,
--