Get rid of Blurr

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

cmf0931

Get rid of Blurr

Post by cmf0931 »

When I load a Rom and then walk around the background gets slightly burry then returns when i stop I have enabled several things, when Vsync is activated it doesnt jump aound but it is still blurry please help as this is killing my eyes
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Please post your system specs, the game in question + NSRT output regarding that rom and the ZSNES version you are using.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Need lots more info like what Agozer said.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Dmog
Lurker

Re: Get rid of Blurr

Post by Dmog »

cmf0931 wrote:When I load a Rom and then walk around the background gets slightly burry then returns when i stop I have enabled several things, when Vsync is activated it doesnt jump aound but it is still blurry please help as this is killing my eyes
Some gfx card automaticaly add an annoying blur during hardware strech. First make sure you have interpolation turned off in zsnes. If you still see the blur, try a DR mode instead of DS.

What gfx card do you have?

Edit: Also, make sure your monitor's refresh rate matches the game's fps! (this problem pop out frequently. It's now in the official faq) 60hz for ntsc games and 50hz for pal.
Jdurg

Post by Jdurg »

The refresh rate of the monitor is a big one that I think a lot of people tend to miss. I never bothered changing my monitor's refresh rate to 60 Hz until just recently after reading a post here at the fourms. I always wondered why some games would stutter and just not seem 'smooth' even though my computer could easily handle them. Then I made sure that my monitor was set to 60Hz and everything is silky smooth. Made a huge difference in a bunch of games. :D
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

perhaps he has an LCD monitor that doesn't scan fast enough. mine is kinda old and does it a little bit.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Alternatively, you might want to disable DirectDraw Acceleration from Dxdiag and see if that helps.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

When I load a Rom and then walk around the background gets slightly burry then returns when i stop I have enabled several things, when Vsync is activated it doesnt jump aound but it is still blurry please help as this is killing my eyes
When I enable vsync or triple buffering, and automatic frameskip to zero, and my monitor's refresh rate is 120Hz, I see a "blur" effect when the screen is scrolled. Maybe this is what you are experiencing?[/quote]
cmf0931

Post by cmf0931 »

I have a 1.2 AMD, 512 Ram, Nvidia Geforce 3 and running win xp as for zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) a have version 1.40, I do have a flat screen LCD monitor running at 60 htz, I have this problem running most all games when scrolling (moving) around the game
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

cmf0931 wrote:I do have a flat screen LCD monitor running at 60 htz, I have this problem running most all games when scrolling (moving) around the game
Then it's your monitor and there's really nothing you can do except for buying a new one. Sorry.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Can't you raise the 60 Hz thing ?
You should be able to change that in your screen settings...
cmf0931

Post by cmf0931 »

I can change the Htz, also its a new monitor plus i have the same blurr effect when moving around in games on my laptop and it is brand new as well. I wil try changing the htz around and see what that does
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Stifu wrote:Can't you raise the 60 Hz thing ?
The refresh rate doesn't matter in this case. The value you want to look at is the response time of your monitor; the lower the better. For games you really want a 16ms response time or better.
Last edited by Noxious Ninja on Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Isn't the blur effect something to do with the Geforce card?
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

snkcube wrote:Isn't the blur effect something to do with the Geforce card?
Yeah, and it's in ATI Radeons too.
Jdurg

Post by Jdurg »

If he's saying that it happens on his laptop too, then it is most certainly a response time issue. Laptop LCDs are notoriously bad with blurring on moving objects, and depending on the make of the LCD the same problem could be occuring. As mentioned earlier, anything greater than 16ms for response time will result in some noticeable artifacts (ghosting, blurring) on moving objects. My Dell 2001FP has a response time of 16ms, and after having the resolution at 800x600 @ 60 Hz, everything was silky smooth. So it does sound like it's a monitor problem that can't be 'fixed'. :(
cmf0931

Post by cmf0931 »

ok I have a radeon mobility 9600 pro in my laptop so is this something to do with the cards or is there something i can change like maybe the the response time
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I'm not sure about the response time on my LCD, but I get no artifacts (at least, I don't notice any).
Jdurg

Post by Jdurg »

The response time of an LCD cannot be changed. It's a function of the hardware itself. That would be like trying to change the memory capacity of your RAM. The only way to do that is to buy a new stick. If you want a faster response time, you have to buy a monitor with a faster response time.
cmf0931

Post by cmf0931 »

how do i find out what the response time is on my monitor's I have
Paul Bunyan
Lumberjack

Post by Paul Bunyan »

in XP go into control panel
go to appearance and themes
go to display
go to settings tab
click on advanced button below color
go to monitor
It is my job to teach the dumb.
[url=http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/]Free Antivirus Scanner[/url]
[url=http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/]Free Adware Scanner[/url]
[url=http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html]Free Spyware Scanner[/url]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Paul Bunyan wrote:in XP go into control panel
go to appearance and themes
go to display
go to settings tab
click on advanced button below color
go to monitor
That doesn't really give any info about an LCD screen's response time in ms, just Hz the current resolution uses.
Last edited by Agozer on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jdurg

Post by Jdurg »

If you post the brand and model of the LCD you have, we can tell you.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Does he have the motion blurr option enabled?
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Does he have the motion blurr option enabled?
In ZSNES? There is no such option in ZSNES, because it was taken out for being too buggy, as far as I knoow.