disable IPS Patches

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Player1
Hazed

disable IPS Patches

Post by Player1 »

First thanks for the option to disable IPS patches, I would just request to move it to the open rom dialog, that you can select to patch the rom or not because it is much easier for the user.

I know it won't be done in the near time, I just want to know if you think the same and if its on a to do list.
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

ipher's generally the one to do the GUI updates, from what I can tell. Perhaps you should propose it to him directly...?

I think that particular option would be slightly more intuitive there. The "Open ROM" dialog is already somewhat full though. It's the unfortunate case of fixed width fonts, and the necessity of making those two panes wide enough to list directory contents.

I suppose it could be placed as another checkbox at the bottom of the window.
Player1
Hazed

Post by Player1 »

As I said, I'm not in a hurry, and I think ipher will read this soon enough. I think you could make the open window a bit bigger if you run out of space. i think they have now more urgent things to do as it seems they are rebuilding big parts of Zsnes, deleting and adding big portions of code. If something is changed in the open rom dialog it could be done at once.