USB Support (windows version)

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Zeuromus

USB Support (windows version)

Post by Zeuromus »

If a Windows XP machine has a USB Keyboard and a USB GamePad (such as the SmartJoy) it will not recognize the pad, unless the USB Keyboard is physically unplugged from the machine. See this thread for details:

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3525

NOTE: This is not a problem with the controller, or getting a controller to work. I have posted this in the contoller forum because it has 'something to do with' controllers, but this is actually a USB support issue within the code of the program. Therfore I am posting it in the 'Bug Report' section.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Do other games work with this configuration?
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Zeuromus

Post by Zeuromus »

Noxious Ninja wrote:Do other games work with this configuration?
Yes, even other emulators work... SNES9x (is that a bad word here?) works just fine, even though I don't like it. That's my reasoning for really wanting this bug fixed. VisualBoyAdvance, ePSXe, Gens, all work just fine with this current configuration... just ZSNES.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Zeuromus wrote:SNES9x (is that a bad word here?)
Not really.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
BootGod
Rookie

Post by BootGod »

Hmmm, I have a USB keyboard and USB controller too, actually wireless ones, but the recievers are USB and I have had no problems :?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

creaothceann wrote:
Not really.
But snes9x (btw i am dumb) is :wink:
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

Yes. Don't say it again or you might disrupt the tentative cease fire between the rival factions. Many a keyboard will die.
BFeely
Rookie

Post by BFeely »

Contrary to popular belief, the ZSNES and SNES9x teams actually work together.
Zeuromus

Post by Zeuromus »

BootGod wrote:Hmmm, I have a USB keyboard and USB controller too, actually wireless ones, but the recievers are USB and I have had no problems :?
And if I were the only one having this problem... then I would be inclined to agree that there's no issue, that it's just my computer. Are you using any sort of 3rd party utility/software that allows both to be detected as something other than standard windows HID-Devices?

Post by Guest »

So if Zsnes and Snes9x are actually allies then why don't they just incorporate their,ahmmm"superpowers"... and make one great emulator instead of hundreds of choppy ones?
I mean is it like a battle for fame?women?E-mails?
BootGod
Rookie

Post by BootGod »

Zeuromus wrote:
BootGod wrote:Hmmm, I have a USB keyboard and USB controller too, actually wireless ones, but the recievers are USB and I have had no problems :?
And if I were the only one having this problem... then I would be inclined to agree that there's no issue, that it's just my computer. Are you using any sort of 3rd party utility/software that allows both to be detected as something other than standard windows HID-Devices?
For the keyboard/mouse yes, some Logitech utility is used. But it's not absolutly required. They will work for the most part without it running. As for the controller, no special software.
Richard C.
Lurker

Post by Richard C. »

Controlled Force wrote:So if Zsnes and Snes9x are actually allies then why don't they just incorporate their,ahmmm"superpowers"... and make one great emulator instead of hundreds of choppy ones?
MK would be ashamed.... :lol:
Latest ZSNES release: [url=http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com]ZSNES 11/12/06 WIP[/url]
Latest NSRT release: [url=http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/]NSRT 3.3 Final[/url]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Controlled Force wrote:So if Zsnes and Snes9x are actually allies then why don't they just incorporate their,ahmmm"superpowers"... and make one great emulator instead of hundreds of choppy ones?
Ignorance is bliss, but the blissful should also double-stfu.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Creative disagreements is one part of the answer.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Player1
Hazed

Post by Player1 »

I have a Logitech wireless UBS Keyboard, Mouse and a USB Rumblepad 2, it works perfectly on my PC.