Systems ZSNES will not be ported to

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Systems ZSNES will not be ported to

Post by Noxious Ninja »

We used to have a nice big thread on this. I guess it was lost in one of the crashes/hackings.

Anyway, this thread lists the systems/platforms that ZSNES will not be ported to. Post some, I'll edit them in.

Why will ZSNES never be ported to these systems? ZSNES is written largely in x86 assembler. This means that it will only run on x86 processors - computers using Intel, AMD, or VIA processors.

If you have a working knowledge of x86 assembler and/or C, and are willing to learn the internals of ZSNES to help make it portable, please post in the development forum.

Sony PSP
Playstation
Playstation 2
Nintendo DS
Mac OS/PPC
Linux or FreeBSD on non-x86 architectures
Your cell phone
N-Gage
Pocket PCs/PalmPilots
Flash
Java
.NET
Magnavox Odyssey
Last edited by Noxious Ninja on Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Finally, someone makes a thread about this. This should be stickied here and in the Bug Reports/Feature Requests forum.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Basically, any non x86 CPU will not see a ZSnes port, so...
Add PS2 to that list.
And NN: You may want to lower the font size to about a 24. :wink:
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

I would also like to add, that although Snes9x has been ported to the PSP, it doesn't mean that Zsnes can be ported, Snes9x and Zsnes are written in very different ways, While most of Zsnes code is written in Asm, Snes9x is mostly written in C.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

About ports, someone should modify the description of the Bug Report/Feature Request forum to something like this:
Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines. Missing a sane feature? Let us know! But please do NOT request ports to other systems.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

I think we are beginning to overdo it with the stickies, people.

We do not need a sticky for every fucking question that pops up that we are annoyed by.

And we don't need a sticky for every rule.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

kevman wrote:I think we are beginning to overdo it with the stickies, people.

We do not need a sticky for every fucking question that pops up that we are annoyed by.

And we don't need a sticky for every rule.
But this is probably the only way the new members will read the rules.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Flash news ! N00bs don't care about stickies.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

grinvader wrote:Flash news ! N00bs don't care about stickies.
Is there a way to make them read the stickies before completeing the registering process?
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

SquareHead wrote:
grinvader wrote:Flash news ! N00bs don't care about stickies.
Is there a way to make them read the stickies before completeing the registering process?
We could show them to them, but they probably still wouldn't read them. :P n00bs will just skip to the bottom and choose "I agree" or whatever without reading the rules.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

If anybody could get ahold of _Demo_ about updating the site, I could add a registration quiz. Ya know, here's the rules. Read them, then answer these questions. If you get any wrong, you don't get to register.
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Noxious Ninja wrote:If anybody could get ahold of _Demo_ about updating the site, I could add a registration quiz. Ya know, here's the rules. Read them, then answer these questions. If you get any wrong, you don't get to register.
That would fucking rule.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Megabyte wrote:
Noxious Ninja wrote:If anybody could get ahold of _Demo_ about updating the site, I could add a registration quiz. Ya know, here's the rules. Read them, then answer these questions. If you get any wrong, you don't get to register.
That would fucking rule.
Agreed.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

I suggested this a year or two ago. Nobody gave a crap. I still support such a move.

My non serious answer would be, the agreement should include a $50 fee if the person is to violate the rules!
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

SquareHead wrote:
Megabyte wrote:
That would fucking rule.
Agreed.
Seconded.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

snkcube wrote:
SquareHead wrote:
Megabyte wrote:
That would fucking rule.
Agreed.
Seconded.
Uh, thirded. I remember someone starting a thread about this registration quiz before; a long time ago though.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Sounds a little overboard to me. I suggest a global announcement of the rules in all the boards, and a good moderator team (not that we don't have one already ;)).
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

IceFox wrote:Sounds a little overboard to me. I suggest a global announcement of the rules in all the boards
Except for the well-established fact that most people don't read stickies.
Last edited by Noxious Ninja on Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Maybe some kind of mod that doesn't allow posting or viewing normal threads until all stickys have been read or something.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

I suggested this before, but, why don't we have a forum dedicated to the rules, right above ZSnes talk? At least then, you wouldn't have to clutter the board with forum rules stickies, and there'd be something right there, at the top of the board, that says "ZSnes board and room rules, read here."
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

Noxious Ninja wrote:
IceFox wrote:Sounds a little overboard to me. I suggest a global announcement of the rules in all the boards
Except for the well-established fact that most people don't read stickies.

Really? What gives you that idea?

How many of these lamer n00b posts do we get a week? A dozen?

How many n00bs do you think visit the site?

Think about it: we only hear about the people that DON'T the stickies; never the ones that DO.

Its the aviability heuristic (sp?) that you guys are falling into.
Last edited by kevman on Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Interesting argument.
bztunk
Hazed

Post by bztunk »

add the Magnavox Odyssey to the list.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

adventure_of_link wrote:I suggested this before, but, why don't we have a forum dedicated to the rules, right above ZSnes talk? At least then, you wouldn't have to clutter the board with forum rules stickies, and there'd be something right there, at the top of the board, that says "ZSnes board and room rules, read here."
Heh, like the "ROM/Game Requests" forum that was on the last board just before it was hacked.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Agozer wrote:
snkcube wrote:
SquareHead wrote:
Megabyte wrote:
That would fucking rule.
Agreed.
Seconded.
Uh, thirded. I remember someone starting a thread about this registration quiz before; a long time ago though.
It was probably me. I mentioned it a few times.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.