Gamepad works in Windows, not in applications

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

khad

Gamepad works in Windows, not in applications

Post by khad »

I bought a Game-Elements GGE917 wireless gamepad and after installing the drivers, the controller tested fine in the control panel.

However, for some reason Zsnes, Snes9x, nor Visual Boy Advanced will notdetect it. One random thing I discovered was if I happen to open Zsnes and minimize it, the control panel's gamepad test will no longer work until I close Zsnes.

One program that does successfully map keys with is JoyToKey, a keyboard mapper. However, even using this program as a middle-man, the gamepad will not work in any of the emulators. :(
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Does your controller have a throttle? If so, center it.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
khad

Post by khad »

Hmm, don't think so. It looks very similar to a Playstation controller with its 10 normal buttons, D-pad, and two analog sticks.

I borrowed for a sec one of my friend's nYKo AirFlow USB controllers and it worked perfectly. =/
khad

Post by khad »

To make matters stranger, the wireless controller works fine on one of my other computers. So it looks like the problem is on my computer in some way. :?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

My guess is that your Direct X is messed up.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.