Question for Smartjoy users

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Kriegan
Rookie

Question for Smartjoy users

Post by Kriegan »

I'd just like to know the button layout Smartjoy uses when it installs. In XP, you can go to the "game controllers" control panel and look at the properties. It shows a number for each button. Now here's my issue.

I bought Radioshack's adapter back when they first came out. The original black rectangled one. It has always worked great and I still use it to this day. A while back, they changed the style and added rumble support. One major issue i had with it, is that the button layout changed. With the old one, I could use Zsnes and MAME(mame especially) without having to reconfigure controls. I could run a NeoGeo game and the buttons would already be set the right way. This was the same with almost every game it emulated. I would like to know the button layout for Smartjoy. I'd like to get an additional adapter, but there's no way I'm buying radioshacks new version. Here's a poorly crafted ascii example of what I'm looking for. The main four buttons are my biggest concern.

All adapter info is appreciated.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

That's the "right" way SmartJoy Rumble version assingns the buttons, I've tested it myself.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Kriegan
Rookie

Post by Kriegan »

I thought I'd bring this up also. Does anyone know if this is the same for the smartjoy Super Dual Box?