Status of RTP of ZSNES 1.4? [DNF]

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ieremiou
Rookie

Status of RTP of ZSNES 1.4? [DNF]

Post by ieremiou »

[DNF] meaning Do Not Flame.

I recall on the old forum a discussion about a possible release of ZSNES 1.4 sometime this month. Since it's near the end of the month and because of the forums going down I assume this has been further pushed back to August or September.
And so I ask on behalf of all readers of ZSNES, what is your current estimate on RTP [Release to Public] time frame?

Thanks...
[Waits for possible flames and the well known statement "It'll be ready when it's ready."]
NoS Sr50
Rookie

Post by NoS Sr50 »

I hope they fix super mario RPG before then.
[b]Contact[/b]

[AIM] NOS SR50
[EMAIL] nossr50@gmail.com
The Sage Of Time
Hazed

Post by The Sage Of Time »

If I remember correctly.. It missed it's release date just beofre the forums went down.
At the time, pagefault mentioned he required some time to work some things out in his life.
So.. I don't know, the release could very well be a long ways off. Can only wait and see.
VxLeSTaTxV

Post by VxLeSTaTxV »

Sounds good to me.

My brother and I absolutely love this emulator, and play it alot. We've been playing ROMs for about 2 years now, and think this shit is great! Mame is really cool too, but snes had so many good RPGs. Im sure you guys have played them all too.

Super Mario RPG is the only game Ive had gimp out in the frame rate. All other games have been flawless, minus some graphical errors here, and there. Framerate wise the games run perfect. Sound is as far as i can tell, perfect. You guys did a fucking awesome job, and should get the respect that you deserve.

Im fine with the version at hand.

I really cant see muh updating besides game specific fixes.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Zsnes is in good enough shape that it could be released soon. However, there is no timeline for release.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
ieremiou
Rookie

Post by ieremiou »

Thanks guys for replying. Mostly I'm anxious because I like ZSNES better than SNES9X and am waiting for the full support for emulation without graphics packs. Thanks again guys for replying.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Snes9x doesn't have full support for emulation without graphic packs either.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

SM RPG Problem ?

Post by joe_devore »

NoS Sr50 wrote:I hope they fix super mario RPG before then.
What did you find wrong with SuperMario RPG?
I did notice it was slow, but the machine I am using is also slowwww.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

The flicker when talking to people in certain towns, and some other bugs when entering buildings like the inn.