Best Street Fighter

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Who was better?

Ken
40%
Ryu
60%

Total votes: 25

Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

Nightcrawler wrote:
Nach wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:
Clements wrote:I dislike Street Fighter intensely, so neither.
Seconded. I also thought it was highly retarded they couldn't get over the number 2 for almost a decade.
Lets see, SF2 came out in 91 and had SFCE, SF2T, SSF2 and SSF2T.
Then there were real sequals:
SFA - 95
SFA2 - 96
SFZ2A - 96
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter 2 - 96
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter - 97
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix - 97
Street Fighter 3 New Generation - 97
Street Fighter 3 2nd Impact - 97
Street Fighter Ex - 97
SFA3 - 98
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike - 99
Street Fighter Ex 2 - 2000

So we look back on this list, and we see a sequal as early as 95, we see very different gameplay in 96, we see the number 3 in 97 as well as 3D and they kept at it.

A decade would be 2001, almost a decade could be quantified perhaps as 2000 or 1999, yet we see points disproving your statement regardless of how you look at it in 95, 96 or 97. Care to explain?
Yes.. Look at all those games. They never got past the number 2 until '97. When I looked up SF3, I wrongly picked 3rd strike as my benchmark year which was '99. That's 8 years. That's nearly a decade in relative terms in my eyes.

Little did I know they were JUST as retarded and released several Street Fighter 3 iterations.

So.. in correction, it took them 6 years to get past the number 2. Over half a decade with too many iterations of the same damn game. I don't dispute spinoffs being different and and slight gameplay improvements, but they are beyond the scope of what I was talking about.

They were retarded with 2. They seem to be just as retarded with 3. Capcom and the Street Fighter series reek of mental retardation.
Last tme I checked Street Fighter Alpha was not Street Fighter II.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

Fuck them both, gimme Akuma or Sakura over them both.

Akuma has got those air to ground hadokens (forgot their name), Shin Goku Satsu (barely ever truly seen in action by a human vs human regular battle), that rolling kick move on CvS 2, teleport, an slightly better punch set (at least than ken, to my tastes), and jsut goes "hmmn", "mesatsu" and some other noises :B

And sakura seems a better alternative if you like low range fighters. Her charged Haoouken seems better than many hadokens most of the times, her running shoryken vaiation is sexy, an is quite fast for a nice custom combo. Too bad she sucks badly on the crossover series, and against zangief in sfa3.
_-|-_
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Demios wrote: Last tme I checked Street Fighter Alpha was not Street Fighter II.
Right.. I said spinoffs were different, but out of scope of what I was saying. I guess Alpha is technically a prequel from what I read.

As much as I dislike Street Fighter, I absolutely love the Marvel. vs. Capcom series. (The vs. games before that were lackign a bit). Partly because I get to beat the crap out of those gay Street Fighter characters with my Marvel guys! That and the whole team idea really brought a fresh new thing to the fighting genre. I commend Capcom for that.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
nailbiter
Rookie

Post by nailbiter »

Too bad they butchered the PSX version of MvC. What they did to it defeats some of the points of having to chose two characters.
I can choose two characters but I can't actually use them both. Gawd thats bull shit.

There is one mode that lets you switch out characters but, once again what they did defeats the point of being able to use two characters.
Yeah you can use two characters but you can't choose which characters you get and they randomly change after every battle. More bull shit.
The board is cursed, and so am I.
[quote="kilivipin"]I clean my blocked up toilet with a magic boner, too.[/quote]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

The PSX Vs. series were crippled so people will still play in arcades. The Vs. series was highly popular.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Amadalus »

Lawl, I went about a week ago, and there was an arcade with MvC1, and this guy was struggling on easy mode with Wolverine and Captain America, so I jumped in with Jin and Ryu (Who I intended to turn evil if he came out) and assraped him only taking about 1/3 of Jin's life, rofl.
"HA! What IS this? Sacred Tome!? More like...Sucky...Dumb...Thing!" - Lord Zetta
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Nach wrote:The PSX Vs. series were crippled so people will still play in arcades. The Vs. series was highly popular.
Yes.. but thankfully they got it right for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on PS2.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

No, thank god for MvC2 for Dreamcast. Looks better than the Xbox and PS2 versions for some reason.

Also I made a new version of it with my own music. You have no idea how much better the game is without "I wanna take you for a riiiiiiiide"
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

MisterJones wrote:Shin Goku Satsu (barely ever truly seen in action by a human vs human regular battle)
Oh wow. You never saw the total insanity we got with my bro playing SFA3 with evil ryu and akuma then.

Or even Kairi and Hokuto from SFEX2+... It was just full of them 11f+43.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

grinvader wrote:
MisterJones wrote:Shin Goku Satsu (barely ever truly seen in action by a human vs human regular battle)
Oh wow. You never saw the total insanity we got with my bro playing SFA3 with evil ryu and akuma then.
And have you totally forgotten our online SFA2 matches?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by grinvader »

Nach wrote:
grinvader wrote:
Of course not. But I couldn't pull a SGS on my keyb, remember ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

grinvader wrote:
Nach wrote:
grinvader wrote:
Of course not. But I couldn't pull a SGS on my keyb, remember ?
I remember, I also had some trouble pulling it off due to lag, but I do recall doing it several times.

Post by Demios »

I learned to play better on a keyboard than a controller. Even now I can still pul of the SGS better on a kb than anything else.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Spoony
Hazed

Post by Spoony »

Demios wrote:I learned to play better on a keyboard than a controller. Even now I can still pul of the SGS better on a kb than anything else.
Same, I think it comes from playing Mark of the Wolves in MAME constantly. All my friends complain about needing a proper controller or joystick, and I can rape anything with a keyboard.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=spoony]Immortality[/url]
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

Spoony wrote:
Demios wrote:I learned to play better on a keyboard than a controller. Even now I can still pul of the SGS better on a kb than anything else.
Same, I think it comes from playing Mark of the Wolves in MAME constantly. All my friends complain about needing a proper controller or joystick, and I can rape anything with a keyboard.
HAHAHA I used to netplay my woman at Garou, whenever she was not around to play it on the DC with me.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Spoony wrote:
That's three then, actually at the arcades and the home consoles, I would always use Guile, because I could never learn to do the fireball gamepad motion, no matter how much I tried. So I sticked with Guile, he was easy.

It was until I played on a keyboard that I was able to do the Hadoken. :D
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

Being a KI addict on the snes, erforming almost any combo sequence was like candy on a gamepad. I am ok at keyboards,being able to perform a few sequences after trying like 1000 times. I suck at a joystick, tho.
_-|-_
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

MisterJones wrote:Being a KI addict on the snes, erforming almost any combo sequence was like candy on a gamepad. I am ok at keyboards,being able to perform a few sequences after trying like 1000 times. I suck at a joystick, tho.
Yay for Ultra Combos, although pretty easy to pull off.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

Good timing is the only requiremnet. You can pull out an 50~ ultra combo with orchid if you are used to-
_-|-_
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

you try that on me and i will combo break your ass
bringing Zsnes back
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

DarkBenny wrote:you try that on me and i will combo break your ass
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
Sith
Lurker

Post by Sith »

DANGER! DANGER!
[url=http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com/]Zsnes WIP[/url]
[url=http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/?page=bsnes]Bsnes[/url] by Byuu
[url=http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega]Kega Fusion[/url] by SteveSnake
[url=http://www.viceteam.org/]Vice[/url] by Viceteam
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Killer Instinct - My fav beat 'em up for Snes - despite the fact that I'm really crap at it. :lol:
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

I was nasty with Orhics Ultra combos back in the day