Problems.. with Rom Loads.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

RiDsTaR

Problems.. with Rom Loads.

Post by RiDsTaR »

Ok I have alot of roms and it seems that ZSNES cant handle it, it loads some roms but scambles the rest and it appears to be all buggy does anyone know how to fix this problem?
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Scan and rename your roms with NSRT or GoodSNES. The ones with bad checksums are bad copies, and you should get rid of them.
Bacon
Hazed

Post by Bacon »

whicker wrote:Scan and rename your roms with NSRT or GoodSNES. The ones with bad checksums are bad copies, and you should get rid of them.
That isnt what he is referring to, I have the same problem, if you have too many roms in the same folder zsnes sometimes scrambles the name of the roms, my solution was to sort them A-Z in folders, hope tis helps.
RiDsTaR

Post by RiDsTaR »

Is there a easy way to sort them in Alphabet order by folders, I mean I have 11k roms it's gonna take forever to sort them.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

RiDsTaR wrote:I mean I have 11k roms
If those are all for SNES, you sir have issues.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by whicker »

Either way, he should get rid of the bad roms / hacks / dupes.

It's probably hell just to find the same game to play again after saving...
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

It would be great if you'd just keep the [!] ones and get rid of everything else.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

You know it wouldnt take too long for NSRT to actually rename them right, and sort them by region into their own folders.

ZSNES is not the only program that has trouble trying to display a directory of over 11000 files. I have the MAME 0.86 romset complete, and it crashes explorer.exe every time I open the folder to delete\replace something in there.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
hydr0x
Rookie

Post by hydr0x »

SquareHead wrote:You know it wouldnt take too long for NSRT to actually rename them right, and sort them by region into their own folders.

ZSNES is not the only program that has trouble trying to display a directory of over 11000 files. I have the MAME 0.86 romset complete, and it crashes explorer.exe every time I open the folder to delete\replace something in there.
not too burst your buble, but this happens with the full NSRT set too, that's already too many files (at least for my 512MB RAM if that has anything to do with it)
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

hydr0x wrote:
SquareHead wrote:You know it wouldnt take too long for NSRT to actually rename them right, and sort them by region into their own folders.

not too burst your buble, but this happens with the full NSRT set too, that's already too many files (at least for my 512MB RAM if that has anything to do with it)
Forgive my ignorance, but I am not quite sure what youre talking about, unless youre using the front end. That I don't use at all as its much faster to have command line NSRT rename and sort by region

Example:

windows/dos
NSRT -rename -sort region c:\roms\*.*

or linux
./NSRT -rename -sort region \home\squarehead\roms\*

Those usually work for me.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

SquareHead wrote:
hydr0x wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but I am not quite sure what youre talking about, unless youre using the front end. That I don't use at all as its much faster to have command line NSRT rename and sort by region
My take on the conversation.

I have 11000 of files, it screws ZSNES up.
SquareHead: Just use the 3000 ROMs in NSRT DB and sort them by region , and ZSNES should work fine.
hydr0x: I just have the 3000 ROMs in the NSRT DB not sorted by region and I have the problem in ZSNES too.
SquareHead: What? 3000 ROMs screws up NSRT for you?

Hope I got this right and clears up the confusion.

On another note, the amount of RAM you have doesn't matter to ZSNES' directory buffer overflowing.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.