Problem with changing gamepad buttons

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Stifu
Regular

Problem with changing gamepad buttons

Post by Stifu »

Just thought I'd report this, just in case.

With my new gamepad, whenever I want to define keys in ZSNES (any version), it will automatically put "J0A" as the key I want to change, even though I'm not pressing anything. However, the trick is to hold the button I want to set before clicking the key I want to change, and it'll save the right button...
Still, this is weird, as if there was something wrong with the "listener" waiting for joypad input or something, while everything works fine in-game.

After redefining keys the way I want, they all show up as J00 to J17, none show up as J0A... Like J0A is the position of the direction pad when no direction is pressed, or something... That's just a guess though.
Jipcy
Veteran

Re: Problem with changing gamepad buttons

Post by Jipcy »

Stifu wrote:Like J0A is the position of the direction pad when no direction is pressed, or something.
So there's no button on your gamepad that actually corresponds to J0A?

If you're in Windows, try calibrating your gamepad. You might also try unplugging and replugging your gamepad, making sure that no buttons are pressed and d-pads/a-sticks are centered.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
Stifu
Regular

Re: Problem with changing gamepad buttons

Post by Stifu »

Jipcy wrote:
Stifu wrote:Like J0A is the position of the direction pad when no direction is pressed, or something.
So there's no button on your gamepad that actually corresponds to J0A?
Indeed.
Jipcy wrote:You might also try unplugging and replugging your gamepad, making sure that no buttons are pressed and d-pads/a-sticks are centered.
I did that. It's a d-pad by the way, not a stick... This pad gives me problems with a few other emulators too, like Snes9x, but some emus like Kawaks or Fusion work flawlessly with it.
rlbond
Hazed

Post by rlbond »

Does the gamepad have a slider? That messes it up if it's not centered.
To truly own, you must own at all games.
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Oh right ! I didn't know that... I don't even know what a slider is supposed to do. :p
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

It is also called a throttle. Its use is semi-obvious at least in certain types of games.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.