I can't play on internet

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Memas

I can't play on internet

Post by Memas »

I've tried change prottocol and server but still can't play online, what can i do?, can somebody help me please?
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

We need to know your system specs, your connection type, if you have a router (and if so what type), and the other computer's (the one you're trying to connect to) system specs, connection type, and if it has a router, what type.

This shit really needs to be in a sticky, it's ridiculous that 90% of the first posts to each topic are asking for more information because nobody knows what we need.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

anyways my name's Kevin and I've tried to connect and play netplay on the zsnes with one person, but it didn't work. If another person has broadband and I have dial-up does that hinder the connection of whether or not I or him/her will be able to play?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Weird that you say that TC, because there is a sticky for this, but as always, new people don't read stickies:

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5336

Please read the above link and post the information it asks you, if you still have problems.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Uhh Joe... ThunderClaw made that post at the beginning of this month... the sticky you linked to was spawned two days later...
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Oh my, you are right, o well. Sorry! :oops:
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

S'ahhright, a similar mistake was made in the Playing FF7 on ePSXe thread in the emulators section... :)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

This is a little off topic but if your name is Kevin why does your display name have mark in it?
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I don't know. The name just seemed to fit. That's my opinion though. it doesn't really matter. Well anyways I was still wondering if maybe a person has to have the same internet speed in order to play online on the zsnes?
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Mark57Raider wrote:I don't know. The name just seemed to fit. That's my opinion though. it doesn't really matter. Well anyways I was still wondering if maybe a person has to have the same internet speed in order to play online on the zsnes?
I don't think so, on zbattle people put for example. "SF2 no 56k" If they put that doesn't that mean they don't want to play with a person that's using a very slow connection such as a modem, no offence.
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*