NHL 97 WEIRD NETPLAY PROBLEM

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

DLRmarc

NHL 97 WEIRD NETPLAY PROBLEM

Post by DLRmarc »

[/b] hi im kinda new to to netplay n all but i still know this is a weird problem from what i read. Me and my cousin are using the 1.337r1.06 trying to play nhl 97 online. it works and we connect and even get to the choose teams screen and everything seems to be normal. Then we we try to get the hockey game started it makes a sound like its frozen but the screen is still moving and its not frozen. And it wont let us start the game. We both do not have rouders and we unblocked our firewalls. like it works all up until we actually start the hockey game. can someone please suggest some ideas. thanks
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Use Zsnes 1.36 for netplay.
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

ignore him, does zsnes say the checksum = good on both sides?
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

also post NSRT information of the ROM.

edit: phonymike just said what I was going to say, beat me to the post button 8)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

What were you going to say AOL? Ignore me?
*Smash Champ*
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

No.

I said in the post to provide NSRT info.

Then when I hit submit, phonymike said to see if it says checksum OK, which, in a way, is similar to asking for NSRT info.

I wasn't saying to ignore you at all.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

adventure_of_link wrote:No.

I said in the post to provide NSRT info.

Then when I hit submit, phonymike said to see if it says checksum OK, which, in a way, is similar to asking for NSRT info.

I wasn't saying to ignore you at all.
Yeah you're my friend on these boards, I was just asking.
*Smash Champ*
DLRmarc

Post by DLRmarc »

well actually it says CHKSUM OK for both of us, n im not sure what that NT thing u were asking about. All we did was download the emulator, get nhl 97 rom, and then played it on netplay. we didn't do no configuration or nething and we are using UDP connection.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

NSRT: Nach's SNES ROM Tool.

It scans your roms, fixes them, auto-renames them, and does about a hundred other things.

It's also more updated than any other ROM tool out there.

http://nsrt.edgeemu.com

A must have for ANY SNES ROM collection.
NSRT here.
DLRmarc

Post by DLRmarc »

k i got it from ur link now what do i do with it
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Did you read the docs that came with NSRT ?

It's a command-line application.

Go nab the frontend.
NSRT here.
DLRmarc

Post by DLRmarc »

i dont even noe how to get it started, i loaded it in zsnes and it said CHKSUM :fail. does this mean anything? how do i get to the command prompt?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Yes.

The ROM is bad.

Go find another copy from another source, and don't ask where.
NSRT here.
DLRmarc

Post by DLRmarc »

k thank you, but how come the game works norammly n how come me and my cousin got so close to palying it like right when we wnated to actually play the hockey game it would mess up. im lookin for another rom right now.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Well, if it worked before in an older version of ZSnes, chances are it was a built-in hack to the emulator which allowed it to work. ATM we're working on removing all hacks and fixing the code of the emulator, to hopefully stomp out all the bad ROMs from floating about the scene.

Some bad checksums are the result of overdumping, and may still work, but with undesirable effects.

It's always best to have clean good copies of your ROMs.
NSRT here.
DLRmarc

Post by DLRmarc »

well i still cant play netplay with this new ROM i got. When i ran NSRT it wasn't testing the NHL ROM i just ran NSRT.exe in ZSNES instead of choosing a game. This is where it said CHKSUM: FAIL. What should i do, i also tried 1.36. I just want to start all over, which one is the best one right now to get and is there a site or something to get it off cause i just got mine off of limewire and i dont know if its a bad emulator or anything else. thanks for the help.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Does the new copy say checksum fail ?

Just keep trying diffferent sources, eventually you'll find one that is OK.

ps no rom requests.
NSRT here.