Bah nothing is working!

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Abomb0813

Bah nothing is working!

Post by Abomb0813 »

My brother and I are on the same router, its a WRT54G with a broadband internet connection. I have done the port-forwarding, we have tried using 1.36 and 1.42n, and tried using tcp then udp... NOTHING has worked. We have only tried using one game... NBA Hangtime, but the thing is, that we had it working a few months back before he went to college, lol!

My comp specs:
Windows XP
512MB Ram
32MB ram on my vid card

I'm not sure of his and can't get onto his comp cause of the password but he does have windows XP

Both our firewalls are off, and i think we're both using 768x672 R resolution
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

I find that hard to believe, I have played on my lan with no problems. Each of you are using the same emulator version and rom, I assume.

What did thing has changed since the last time you played? Hardware and software wise.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Abomb0813

Post by Abomb0813 »

idk, i have AVG anti-virus and spybot but i don't think any of those 2 will interfere... last time we did this i didn't even do the portforwarding to be honest, what happens is that when we try to load the game, one of the screens freezes on the netplay screen, the other goes to just a purple screen and they are able to move the mouse.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Post the rom's info, try with another rom then.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Abomb0813

Post by Abomb0813 »

it's all good, we set the save thing to none, and then just f4 it up when we wanna resume a game, thanks anyways guys