Someone give me a basic NETPLAY guide

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Zerrik

Someone give me a basic NETPLAY guide

Post by Zerrik »

Ok, can anyone help me with how to connect NETPLAY? My computer sucks, but here's the stats:

P2 Prcessor, 233MHz
128MB RAM
ZSNES Version: 1.42n
Game: Final Fantasy 3
Graphics Card: I'm embarrassed by it...it has 2MB, but ZSNES works well.

Ok, I'm using v1.42n, and so it my friend. We downloaded the exact same version and game from the exact same site with the same file names. I tried everything: I put in my IP and started the server while my friend connected, and vice versa. And we've both tried connecting, mixing around who uses whose IP and everyting, nothing has worked. Can anyone tell me a SPECIFIC way to set it up properly; an easy guide. Please, I do not get this. Someone post some kind of guide or a specific guide to a site or anything. Thx.

~ Zerrik

P.S: My friend's computer is amazing, nothing wrong with it, our firewalls are down and I use a router and he doesnt.
Last edited by Zerrik on Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NETPLAY is too complicated. ='(
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

This board is filled with "easy" and "simple" guides. Try reading the stickies first. Did you configured your router?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Zerrik

Post by Zerrik »

Joe Camacho wrote:This board is filled with "easy" and "simple" guides. Try reading the stickies first. Did you configured your router?
Configure? What do you mean by that.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Zerrik wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:This board is filled with "easy" and "simple" guides. Try reading the stickies first. Did you configured your router?
Here, read this:
http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3679
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Zerrik

Post by Zerrik »

Joe Camacho wrote:
Zerrik wrote:
Here, read this:
I'm still lost. :?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Zerrik wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
Zerrik wrote:
Here, read this:
I'm still lost. :?
If you can't figure that out, there isn't an easier way either.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Well i've found out that you should probably interpret your rom path in zbattle to whatever game you are trying to play if you are the host. Other than that, it seems to me that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I"ve had my far share of having someone input my ip or vice versa and they didn't show up on chat in zsnes. Most of the time though, i use zbattle to select a game and host it.