Zbattle Help

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Turbo

Zbattle Help

Post by Turbo »

Last night I learned about Zbattle thanks to this place, actually I learned alot thanks to this place. Anyway, I downloaded Zbattle and setup where the ZSNES is and the rom pictures and I typed in my username and checked automatically connect. But, the problem is. I left my computer on all night, and it still never connected. It would just say "not connected".

Do I do something wrong? I'll need all the help I can get, thanks. :)
I will play the Super Nintendo online one day!
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Edit the zbattle ini file and change the server line to:

server=www.newcon.org

BTW: They are not called rom pictures but rom images. Image as in an exact replica of the contents of a storage device rather than the other meaning.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Was the ini file the note pad? I changed the server line on it, and when I run zbattle now it'll say "server not found." If the note pad wasn't it, where can I find the ini file?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Yes, the "note pad" is the ini file (if it had a gear next to it). It would really do you good to let Windows show all file extensions.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Agozer wrote:Yes, the "note pad" is the ini file (if it had a gear next to it). It would really do you good to let Windows show all file extensions.
Ok, I did the right thing. I put server=www.newcon.org. But, it still can't find the server. For some reason. :?:
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

I would suggest you to look for help on the zbattle's forums, they might know what's happening. Probably they are offline, sometimes happens.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Joe Camacho wrote:I would suggest you to look for help on the zbattle's forums, they might know what's happening. Probably they are offline, sometimes happens.
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice. :wink:
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

You might also want to try pinging the sites via the command line...

open a command prompt (start -> Run -> in the box type command and click OK), and type ping <site here>
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »