need help with netplay through a router

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

theataraxian

need help with netplay through a router

Post by theataraxian »

okay i saw the announcement that netplay for versions 1.4x wasn't working, which hasn't been the case in my experience...

my friend and i used to play all the time before I got a router...he would disconnect his and plug straight into the modem, and i already was straight into a modem, and everything worked great. (the only desync problems we had were from popups)

so anyway, we're both using linksys routers now...we know there HAS to be a way to play thru routers. we've tried disabling every firewall in between, both on the routers and on the computers, we've tried real and masked ip addresses, we've tried udp and tcp, NOTHING is working.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Did you try forwarding the ports needed for Zsnes on each of your routers? If you don't know which ports to open, check the stickies, if you don't know how to forward them on your routers, check it's manual.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
theataraxian

thanks

Post by theataraxian »

thanks so much for referring me to the port forwarding topic. followed all the directions and netplay works better than ever.