parallel universe?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

tanabes15

parallel universe?

Post by tanabes15 »

this might sound like a noob question but... me and my friends have been playing with zsnes online for about 2days. We realized that we weren't playing eachother but a weird simulation of what we might do. i would descrbe what was going on in my screen and it's completely different from his screen. i am lost and have some to the conclusion that we are playing eachother on parallel universe. help me.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

You weren't syncronized for some reason. This can lead to some pretty fun arguments where both are 100% sure they won.
"No I won, I played as Fulgore and I won!"
"Yes, I know, and I beat you three times in a row!"
"Graaaaah!"

Don't use the official v1.42 of ZSNES for netplay, it's broken.
tanabes15

Post by tanabes15 »

what version should i use?
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

What is your avatar from, Johan? It's preety cool?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

TOXIC ASSMUNCHER wrote:What is your avatar from, Johan? It's preety cool?
Looks like the NES version of Double Dragon 1 or 2.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Agozer wrote:
TOXIC ASSMUNCHER wrote:What is your avatar from, Johan? It's preety cool?
Looks like the NES version of Double Dragon 1 or 2.
No, it's from a game were you played as a prisoner who tried to escape from a POW camp.. I think the name was "P.O.W." Great arcade game, it was soo bad, it was good.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

tanabes15 wrote:what version should i use?
Either 1.36 or 1.42n (Which is based off 2/2/2k5 WIP, iirc)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
tanabes15

Post by tanabes15 »

thanks man. but sadly i still get lag. we end up roughly 10 seconds apart from eachother. i switch to 1.36, both of us did. He's hosting w/o a router while i'm using a router. we tried playing around with the netplay settings and it would work for like 2 or 3 matches then it goes gay on us. I seriously dont know wtf the problem is.
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

tanabes15 wrote:thanks man. but sadly i still get lag. we end up roughly 10 seconds apart from eachother. i switch to 1.36, both of us did. He's hosting w/o a router while i'm using a router. we tried playing around with the netplay settings and it would work for like 2 or 3 matches then it goes gay on us. I seriously dont know wtf the problem is.
You both need to have the same version of ZSNES.
Check if router has ports open for ZSNES.
You need to have the same version of the ROM for the game.

Go to http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com/special/ and get the special netplay build of ZSNES (version 1.42n).
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Joe Camacho wrote:
No, it's from a game were you played as a prisoner who tried to escape from a POW camp.. I think the name was "P.O.W." Great arcade game, it was soo bad, it was good.
Homer Simpson wrote:"I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called, The Bus That couldn't Slow Down."
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

herzog wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
Homer Simpson wrote:"I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called, The Bus That couldn't Slow Down."
Hahahahaha.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Here's something weird and moderately interesting about my avatar; it's named Pow.png but when I made it I did not remember what game the screenshot was from, I named it "Pow" beacause it's a guy getting punched in the face in the picture.

About as weird as when I typed "Samurai Spirits" in a search box but the window was temporarily deactivated by something when I was typing. so when I pressed enter and looked up, the page said "Sorry, but we could not find any results for Samus."