Family Guy vs. The Simpsons

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

Which show do you like better?

The Simpsons
47%
Family Guy
53%

Total votes: 30

xamenus
Veteran

Family Guy vs. The Simpsons

Post by xamenus »

Which do you like better?
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

I had to vote the Simpsons, because thats what I grew up on as a kid. But I love them both.
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

I vote Family Guy.

This is part of one of my favorite scenes. [Image Links to Source]
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Dont forget "Where's my money?"
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

family guy is the new king. the simpson's time is almost past.

still a decent show, though.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

I've never watched The Simpsons consistently. It always kinda annoyed me. I'm a pretty big Family Guy fan, too.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Well, I've been watching the Family Guy episodes on DVD, and I've noticed that Family Guy actually makes me laugh out loud. :P The Simpsons is still good and all, but it doesn't seem to be as hilarious as Family Guy.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

I think the Simpsons were funnier than Family Guy in seasons 3-7.

Now though, Family guy is King.
bringing Zsnes back
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

they're both awesome

but family guy does indeed win, though.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Oskar_Hanberg
Starzinger Addict

Post by Oskar_Hanberg »

Family guy it is...
"All kinds of private exploitation is theft in the sense that what exists in this world belongs to all of us, and so called 'Intellectual property', or software, is no exception to that"
Lizking
Hazed

Post by Lizking »

The simpsons was great up until about 5 years ago. Now, the plots are centered too much at 'illuminating' part of society. Basically, the writers are out of ideas now, and a some of the voice actors (Julie Kavner is the most noticeable) are tired and just dont have it in them to do a decent job anymore.
XFALGFM G: A YAUUSK
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Than and since the death of Phil Hartman, there are quite a few characters removed from the series arent there? I remember hearing that out of respect, they will never recast those voices. What did they do about that?

It scares me that someone is still kicking around the idea of a live-action Simpsons movie too.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

The simpsons.

Family Guy has not had a chance to get stale yet. The Simpsons were on fire for many, many years... up until a few years ago.

The simpsons at their peak are far superior to Family Guy.
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

Simpsons was hilarious at one point. Then it started dying, and Futurama came along. Now, Simpsons is used up and Family Guy has taken over.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Hyos wrote:Simpsons was hilarious at one point. Then it started dying, and Futurama came along. Now, Simpsons is used up and Family Guy has taken over.
agreed :o

So where does southpark stack up in all of this?
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

In the UK, they continually repeat the same episodes of The Simpsons on terrestrial TV - when they get to a certain series they loop right back to the first.

Family Guy has only been available to the UK for a few months, but is evidently much funnier.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

I saw an old episode of the Simpsons recently...
Where Brad Goodman comes to town... and every one "does what they feel like".
I thought it was sheer class and had a quality that Family Gut could never match. The last couple years of the Simpsons have tainted many peoples feelings towards the show, but the early episodes are so funny and clever that they dwarf the future failures.

I still love Family Guy though.
neoblaze
8-bit Moderator

Post by neoblaze »

Best thing ever to happen ever is when Peter forgets how to sit down.
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

I like both shows, and cannot vote between the two. I also have found that the recent episodes of the simpsons are not as bad as the promos make them out to be. For some reason fox does a really bad job of advertising that show. But they don't compare to the earlier seasons.
~Bent
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Bent wrote:I like both shows, and cannot vote between the two. I also have found that the recent episodes of the simpsons are not as bad as the promos make them out to be. For some reason fox does a really bad job of advertising that show. But they don't compare to the earlier seasons.
I have never seen those promos. The shows speak for themselves. They are just horrible.
Dmog
Lurker

Post by Dmog »

Lizking wrote:The simpsons was great up until about 5 years ago. Now, the plots are centered too much at 'illuminating' part of society. Basically, the writers are out of ideas now, and a some of the voice actors (Julie Kavner is the most noticeable) are tired and just dont have it in them to do a decent job anymore.
Agree. Simpsons used to be good. Now it's just a Zombie comedy (or something) Never watch anymore as it started to suck many years ago.

Family guy is just hilarious at times (despite it's sometime crude humor).Though I haven't seen the last two seasons so I can't comment if the quality is still there.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Family Guy gets my vote. The Simpsons used to be great, but they turned into crap recently.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
peteman

Post by peteman »

the simpsons gets my nod
neoblaze
8-bit Moderator

Post by neoblaze »

The new episodes of the Simpsons that I have seen kick ass.
It's Futurama style.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

I've stopped watching TV on sundays.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.