Difficulty with Key Combos

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

GamerLocke

Difficulty with Key Combos

Post by GamerLocke »

In Final Fantasy Three, I am having great difficulty in performing Sabin's Blitz attacks. I decided to make a key combination for them but I can't seem to get that to work either. If anyone could help me or give me the correct format for the key combinations.

Needed Combinations
1) left, up-left, up, up-right, right, right-down, down, left-down, left
2) down, down-left, left
3) up, up-right, right, down-right, down, down-left, left
4) left, down-left, down, down-right, right

P.S. I think there is some time display but I'm not sure.
[i]“I think it no accident that every civilized people has discovered the art of distillation.”[/i]
daft
Rookie

Post by daft »

Depending on which input you're using (gamepad, keyboard, etc) you may have to hit the keys slower. I've noticed that some older gamepads like Microsoft sidewinders have a very low response rate, so the keys must be hit somewhat slower than normal to work.

Personally, the easiest controller that I've found to do combos like that is the new xbox 360 USB controller. I think they're about $40, but they're fairly high quality.

If you're not sure about the blitz combos, I'd check out Gamefaqs.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

If you still want to use key combos, don't forget to add frame delays between the various button presses/releases.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

If you are using a keyboard I could see how difficult that would be. I suggest getting a gamepad so that you can use the buttons with relitive ease. If you're close to a hastings or wal-mart you can get one for about $14.00 + tax. The directional pad is shaped to where you can use them correctly, if that doesn't do it, then you need to improve your cooridination.
GamerLocke

Post by GamerLocke »

Thanks all for the solution. I am using a keyboard because I mostly play in class and a gamepad would make it obvious. I'll try the frame delays. Thank you.
[i]“I think it no accident that every civilized people has discovered the art of distillation.”[/i]