ZSNES Music Files, is it possible to extract them?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Omniarch

ZSNES Music Files, is it possible to extract them?

Post by Omniarch »

This question has undoubtedly been brought up before, but never the less I shall repeate the question.
Many ZSNES Roms in my opinion have fairly good sound tracks, is it possilbe to get these songs out of the game?
I'm tired of listening to Super R-Rtype with rom window up! Lol :P
"To die, to be really dead. That must be glorious.... There are far worse things awaiting man than death."
Paul Bunyan
Lumberjack

Post by Paul Bunyan »

Your avatar is too wide, please reduce it to 100pixels or less.
It is my job to teach the dumb.
[url=http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/]Free Antivirus Scanner[/url]
[url=http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/]Free Adware Scanner[/url]
[url=http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html]Free Spyware Scanner[/url]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Snes music can be ripped from games as SPC files. Some games require additional work to give decent SPCs (*cough*ToP and SO*cough*)

Fortunately for you, many other people spent a lot of time to rip many games' music.
You can find some at Zophar's Domain SPC collection.

You need a SPC player to play SPCs. You can find stand-alone players or plugins for Winamp, XMMS or Foobar around the web. Just google for those.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

grinvader wrote:You can find some at Zophar's Domain SPC collection.
I recommend http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ The SPCs are more complete/polished there.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

No, I condem them to a horrible death. They don't have MY Dual Orb 2 soundtrack up.

My Dual Orb 2 Soundtrack has nicely titled files instead of 'do2-23' and was made over a year earlier and submitted to them. Brought to you direct from the English patch creator.

Instead, they slap me in the face for my good community services and hard work and use some other lamo's file.

If it weren't for me, none of those people would have even known what the hell Dual Orb 2 was.

Some nerve. That's disrespectful to me and my translation.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

You need to have a ready retort, Nightcrawler. Blasphemy.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Omniarch

Post by Omniarch »

Rockin, thanks guys!
"To die, to be really dead. That must be glorious.... There are far worse things awaiting man than death."
Omniarch

Post by Omniarch »

Ah, now wait a sec.
Once I get the files from zophar and unpack them, what do I use to play em?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Read my previous post. :þ
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
LDAWG
Lurker

Post by LDAWG »

Don't worry Nightcrawler.
A lot of us respect you and other hard working translators,
both here and through-out the scene.
Omniarch

Post by Omniarch »

SPC player.... Oh yeah.. Lol
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Omniarch wrote:SPC player.... Oh yeah.. Lol
I'd suggest getting the SNESAmp plugin for Winamp, but it's a matter of opinion really.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Agozer wrote:
I'd suggest getting the SNESAmp plugin for Winamp, but it's a matter of opinion really.
And I recommend Foobar 2000. :D
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Agozer wrote:
I'd recommend that.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Omniarch

Post by Omniarch »

Actually I've found that Super Jukebox works well enough to suit me. :D
And as for the avatar, I'll fix that as soon as I figure out what button makes one Lol.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

LDAWG wrote:Don't worry Nightcrawler.
A lot of us respect you and other hard working translators,
both here and through-out the scene.
Thanks. For some reason, little things like that really strike a nerve with me. They have soundtracks for my other projects and that's fine with me because I never made any myself.

But I did make one for Dual Orb 2 long before they did AND I submitted it to them!

I'd even be ok with it if they told me mine had a problem or some good reasoning as to why they didn't use it.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Wasn't there an SPC player made for DOS that was written by some of the ZSnes devs? I forgot what it was called, but I still got the zip on my computer. Anyone interested?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

adventure_of_link wrote:Wasn't there an SPC player made for DOS that was written by some of the ZSnes devs? I forgot what it was called, but I still got the zip on my computer. Anyone interested?
SPCPlay by zsKnight and _Demo_. In all seriousness, who would use that nowadays?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Agozer wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:Wasn't there an SPC player made for DOS that was written by some of the ZSnes devs? I forgot what it was called, but I still got the zip on my computer. Anyone interested?
SPCPlay by zsKnight and _Demo_. In all seriousness, who would use that nowadays?
I still use it.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Agozer »

Nach wrote:
Agozer wrote:
I still use it.
Just to listen to SPC sets or something on the side as well? (What features does it have anyways?)
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

To play SPCs (although some don't sound so good with it as the sound core is old).

Features are for volume, disable certain channels... You know the stuff that ZSNES can do.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Mark7 »

Foobar is a very good audio player. But the spc plugin totally sucks, cause it has no options. I use Winamp + snesamp plugin or Super Jukebox to play spc.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Mark7 wrote:Foobar is a very good audio player. But the spc plugin totally sucks, cause it has no options.
Other than per-channel mute, what options do you need?
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]