Interesting #2

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Interesting #2

Post by darkbenny »

How did everybody here initially find their way to the Zsnes board?

I've been lurking since 1999 although I didn't start posting until sometime in 2000.

I remember first trying out SNES emulators and found ZSNES to be far easier to use (major noob then) than SNES9x (due in part to the fabulous and famous GUI) and as I result I prowled this forum looking for answers to little problems I encountered. The board was quite active in its heyday and I eventually became interested in what a lot of the people here had to say in the non-Zsnes portions of the forum.

I'm still around here as I find the tech support to be excellent, there is still a bevy of great posters, and I am interested in seeing how Zsnes is progressing after all these years.

To date, Zsnes is still the only software I have donated some bling bling towards.

Why the hell are the rest of you trolls still locked in this joint>?
bringing Zsnes back
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

A link to the zboard Funkyass posted on the snes9x board concerning thread necromancy
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I think it was a bug report I wanted to post. That was around 2002-2003.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Though I mostly lurked for a year, I initially came around the zsnes board and the snes9x board looking to find out why Earthworm Jim 2 didn't work. All these years, and they still haven't figured it out, heh. I started to get into the zsnes board in the summer of 2001. I think I initially asked about the DirectX something or other and was immediately chided for not RTFM. Haha, thinks never change.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

Here's my first post: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2441

I don't know why I initially came here. But now I help write the docs, so I guess I'm stuck.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

I used to read the "board" when it was like those ancient kind of boards, like all the threads were located in one place, I don't even know how they were called during that time.

Then I had problems with zsnes on my Athlon XP1800 with a powerful ATI RAGE PRO 128... So I posted for help, I tried to stay, but I wasn't that interested in posting.

Then I returned, only to see the board explode. The board went offline and I stopped caring, then it came back. For good, by the looks of it.

I kept posting, then I was made a mod by Nach, I guess because of my native language, I translated a guide for netplay to spanish, and Nach was impressed, I think.

Later I became an admin thanks to some vacations Magus' took, I kept the job because he lost interest.

And there it is. But the real reason I'm here is because, it's the only place I still can share what's left of my love for videogames. And I have met some of the awesomest people from around the world.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I blame CT and the Black Omen bug. This is like "the bug" that one will remember most and the sole reason we have it as possibly the #1 bug report.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

crap, I don't even remember anymore.
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

a friend introduced me to zsnes, i went to the site to get it, and i've been stuck. it was pre-seifer, but only by a few months.

it's fun here.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

I was first told about ZSNES when I was in the 6th or 7th grade if I remember correctly. That's 7 or 8 years ago unless I'm mistaken. Not long after that I started visiting it's forum, so I'm assuming I was on the board around 1999. Afterwards Radio asked me to bake him a pie in a retarded thread (seriously they just said random things) and things turned ugly, soul magically became an admin and banned me just because he felt like it. With the mass stupidity going on in the zboard I didn't feel like returning. I returned in 2005 to see the board is renewed and soul is still abusive as ever. Why anyone would hang around an emulator forum just to troll I'll never understand.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I lurked for a very long time, and then decided to register and ask a question about a feature in ZSNES DOS.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

The first time I played SNES games on my PC was probably 98 or 99 when I got my mighty PII 233 Mhz. Immediately I started using the forum when looking for help, and most of the time the search function was enough so I did not post. I believe I stated posting for the first time when the Seiken Densetsu 3 translation was released as I wanted to get the most of of the game and needed any hint for configuring the emulator I could get.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

I asked some question back in 2003/2004, I think, concerning a bad dump of Kirby's dream course. Out of boredom, I started checking the general discussion topics, and noticed the tech talk was, more often than not, top-notch. Then I just stayed.

I was kind of surprised to see many mexicans around. I think thsi is the only "international" board where I have seen that many beaners, otehr than me, ofc.
_-|-_
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

I think it was between 2000-2002. Can't remember quite well. I had been checking the page for updates and then found the forums. I liked what I saw back then and decided to register.
What?
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

I first saw Zsnes at a friend's house, playing FF3US. Immediately I proclaimed emulation to be a load of shit because it made the SNES graphics look bad (like a DOS game man ew) and because of the various sprite and sound errors and choppy framerate.

Of course, when I got home I secretly downloaded it plus a whole bunch of games that I'd never played (what was this strange "FF4" and why did it look worse than 3?), and then registered at the Zsnes forum while I was at it. Probably in like 2000 or something. And that's mah story!
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

I don't really remember. Too long ago...
blackmyst wrote:(what was this strange "FF4" and why did it look worse than 3?)
Heh.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

I found out about ZSNES indirectly through a friend. He showed me a PSX emulator on his PC, I think PSEmuPro, but I couldn't get it to run on my PC so I started looking for something that would and I found ZSNES. Later, in like 1999 or 2000, I posted a thread on the OLD board asking about controllers.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

MisterJones wrote:I asked some question back in 2003/2004, I think, concerning a bad dump of Kirby's dream course. Out of boredom, I started checking the general discussion topics, and noticed the tech talk was, more often than not, top-notch. Then I just stayed.

I was kind of surprised to see many mexicans around. I think thsi is the only "international" board where I have seen that many beaners, otehr than me, ofc.
Many? We are just 3. if you want to count the spirit of Mexandrew somewhere.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

To the best of my knowledge, there is you, me, DOLLS/c9585154278783, and there used to be THE ORIGINAL and mexandrew.
_-|-_
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

actually Mr. Jones that's c61746961 :P
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Echoecho
Lurker

Post by Echoecho »

I came here first one day to tell people off and to demand they fix the crappy emulator because it was their job, then I took my medicine and posted about my feelings instead. And the rest is history.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Deathlike2 wrote:I blame CT and the Black Omen bug. This is like "the bug" that one will remember most and the sole reason we have it as possibly the #1 bug report.
CT for me too! I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see through the clouds at some point in 63,000,000 BC or whatever it was. This was version .4xx - anyone know when that was?
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Something about the SNES.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
doktor_kris
Lurker

Post by doktor_kris »

casualsax3 wrote:This was version .4xx - anyone know when that was?
That´d be back in early '99, I think. Anyways, it wasn´t until v.4xx
something before the SFX2 support got smacked in. I played through
SMW2 with sound disabled (and still it slowed down as all shell), crying
all happy tears and bacon and shit.

Good times!