zsnes cpu usage spike on linux

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

twelvenine

zsnes cpu usage spike on linux

Post by twelvenine »

I don't know if this is a bug or what but whenever i have zsnes up without actually loading playing a game, it starts taking huge amounts of cpu power. so, say for example, i start zsnes and don't load a rom or i have a rom loaded, then i press esc to get to the zsnes menu, after about 10 seconds i'm at 100% cpu usage. it works fine while i'm actually playing for some reason.
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Zsnes used to be like that, but I could have sworn it was fixed. Please download the latest SVN and check again.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
twelvenine

Post by twelvenine »

yeah, i'm not using an svn version. i just downloaded the stable source for 1.42.
twelvenine

Post by twelvenine »

wait a sec, where do i get the svn? i went out to zsnes.org and all i can find is links to sourceforge with their standard 1.42 source tarball. i don't see any svn server info or anything.
Thalon
Rookie

Post by Thalon »

twelvenine wrote:wait a sec, where do i get the svn? i went out to zsnes.org and all i can find is links to sourceforge with their standard 1.42 source tarball. i don't see any svn server info or anything.
http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8121

EDIT: not carefully reading subjects is a bad thing: forget what's written above (even if it's a good tip for win/dos users) :oops:
Last edited by Thalon on Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twelvenine

Post by twelvenine »

nvm, i found it on the forums.
twelvenine

Post by twelvenine »

yeah, the svn version works great.

it might be my imagination, but it also seems to use up some more of the cpu than the old one, but at least it doesn't totally overload me when i pause, now. it uses about 65% of the cpu when its running and i think it used to only use about 35-40%.