ZMV to FLV HQ conversion (ready for internet sharing)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

dissociative
Rookie

ZMV to FLV HQ conversion (ready for internet sharing)

Post by dissociative »

This post explains how to convert directly ZMV to Flash video for the purpose of upload directly to some of the video sharing websites like Youtube or Blip.tv

You must have the lastest version of zsnes and the lastest SVN binary compile of Mencoder

edit zmovie.cfg and replace the contents of the following variables as described:

Code: Select all

md_command="$md_prog $md_other $md_no_sound $md_raw -ofps 30 -vf expand=320:240 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=200:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3:predia=2:dia=2:precmp=2:cmp=2:subcmp=2:preme=2:turbo -o video.flv -"

md_merge="$md_prog $md_other -of lavf -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -audiofile $md_pcm_audio -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=2:q=5:aq=0:mode=1 -ovc copy -o merged.flv video.flv" 
Be sure that the sample sound rate of Zsnes must be set to 44100Hz or 22050Hz

You must select any of these Video codecs: FFV1, XVID LOSSLESS, X264 LOSSLESS in the Movie Options, with others will not work, be sure to enable "dump audio" and "merge with video" too in the Movie Options

also I need to know what are the equivalents settings used in lame.exe

Code: Select all

-V# --vbr-new
for the Mencoder's lame library

Here's a small example at Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAtkxszvQUs

I produced it using mencoder-rtm-svn-22870

The uploaded flash video file wasn't reencoded/downgraded by Youtube and was available just some seconds after uploaded

any suggestion are welcome
Last edited by dissociative on Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

How large was that file?
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
dissociative
Rookie

Post by dissociative »

creaothceann wrote:How large was that file?
The first one was 1.29 MB, I changed the example link and added another one that is a longer clip of 5.31 MB, I think that you can set the sample rate of zsnes to 22050Hz to make the flvs somewhat smaller
Vyse the determined

Post by Vyse the determined »

EDIT: Ah damn. Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks anyway.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Wow, that's quality stuff. Nice work!