VBA-M

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

precompiled builds of VBA-M are still being made right? it wasn't you that was making them for us mudlord, right?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Yes, they are being made still. mudlord made quite a bit of the older ones, but not all of them.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I feel a little bad that Mudlord got out of the M-VBA project but what the hell! These projects require time and maybe Mudlord needed time for his personal stuff and people may get tired after building the same code over and over. Mudlord will be missed as many developers who had gone away.
Last edited by Neo Kaiser on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

What's with you and always fucking up names ? The -M goes after the VBA, durron.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Neo Kaiser wrote:M-VBA
Must be catching the zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) virus.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I have the Mirror Disorder... At least I didn't wrote M-ABV.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

These projects require time and maybe Mudlord needed time for his personal stuff and people may get tired after building the same code over and over.
Well, I thought I already explained over and over why, but what the heck:

* Personal life, got some real issues to sort out (get back on track, find a decent IT related job)
* The issues with all the n00bs (like the one's asking about Pokemon all the time)
* Knowing that the only way to fix something, is to redo the entire thing from scratch since Forgotten obviously forgot some basic lessons in coding
* Issues with other members in the emuscene, but now that is sorted (MooglyGuy and I now get along perfectly well).
* Stress from all the little things I did with VBA-M and other emulator related things
* Wanted a change, and do something completely different to emulation. Neo was right that doing the same thing over and over, especially to a young person like me, is boring.

I could come back, I have been thinking about it, just dunno when as I still have things on my plate I want to fix.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

mudlord wrote:
These projects require time and maybe Mudlord needed time for his personal stuff and people may get tired after building the same code over and over.
Well, I thought I already explained over and over why, but what the heck:

* Personal life, got some real issues to sort out (get back on track, find a decent IT related job)
* The issues with all the n00bs (like the one's asking about Pokemon all the time)
* Knowing that the only way to fix something, is to redo the entire thing from scratch since Forgotten obviously forgot some basic lessons in coding
* Issues with other members in the emuscene, but now that is sorted (MooglyGuy and I now get along perfectly well).
* Stress from all the little things I did with VBA-M and other emulator related things
* Wanted a change, and do something completely different to emulation. Neo was right that doing the same thing over and over, especially to a young person like me, is boring.

I could come back, I have been thinking about it, just dunno when as I still have things on my plate I want to fix.
...Wow. That surprises me.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

mudlord wrote:* The issues with all the n00bs (like the one's asking about Pokemon all the time)
You really should let others handle them... if only because they deserve as much as attention as the effort they spend using their brains sometimes.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Or you can rip into them with a rusty knife. *cackles*

Oh, but then some people would hate you, boohoo.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
fbb
Hazed

Post by fbb »

And some people would love you

like me :D
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:Or you can rip into them with a rusty knife. *cackles*
Gotta shank 'em all!
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

mudlord wrote:Well, I thought I already explained over and over why
I think (might not be remembering correctly) that you may have only wrote this out on the vba-m forum, though it may have happened here as well in a post I missed.

I'd love it if you came back... not that you're literally gone right now. I always appreciated your work. I understand your reasoning, though.
I bring the trouble.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

...Wow. That surprises me.
All it took was a couple of emails to clear things up. What a difference saying sorry does. :)

You really should let others handle them... if only because they deserve as much as attention as the effort they spend using their brains sometimes.
'suppose you have a point there. :o

Thing is, enough people hate me as is, so meh...I can live with it. :P
I'd love it if you came back... not that you're literally gone right now.
Well I need MSVC2008 back if I work on the MFC version....I suppose when I get back in the groove of things (when I feel like it), I can just use mingw and spend my time getting the Qt version to show something. Though Nach said he'd handle the audio. :o
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Bump:
http://vba-m.ngemu.com/forum/windows-vb ... t-257.html

Compile for the Mother 3 translation. To save, you might need to change SRAM size to 64KB or smth. Includes UPS/PPF patch support in the core.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

to mudlord:

there's a bug in the installer.. I specified a folder to save the VBA-M to (at the time it was non-existant) and it saved in the folder before it, example:

C:\Games\Emulators\GBA\VBA-M

normally an installer would make the new directory for you, but instead it installed in the GBA folder.

could you fix this? otherwise it's just a minor bug and only three files got extracted so..

otherwise, loving the installer. it's awesome!

EDIT: Question, does this version support a file called vba-over.ini? what it does is that you specify ROM specific options along with the ROM code, example:

Game name here (U)
[XXXX]
flashsize=131072

in this example, you specified that the game's flash size is 128k, and will correspond to the appropriate gamecode (which is xxxx for example purposes)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

to mudlord:

there's a bug in the installer.. I specified a folder to save the VBA-M to (at the time it was non-existant) and it saved in the folder before it, example:

C:\Games\Emulators\GBA\VBA-M

normally an installer would make the new directory for you, but instead it installed in the GBA folder.

could you fix this? otherwise it's just a minor bug and only three files got extracted so..
I'll see about looking into this. I'll most likely use a different method to select folders too (which has the option of creating directories), since the emulator itself is targeted for Windows 2K based systems (2000/XP/Vista), but mainly I wanted the installer code to be reusable.

Still, there's no harm in having Unicode compliant installers, in conjunction to ANSI.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Thank you sir.

PS: I installed vba-m on windows xp home sp3
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

GBA LCD color mode would be nice to have back, and should be merged with the Gameboy Colors option. (gbColorOption should activate it for GBA games.)
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

I'll pass this on to the recent VBA-M contributer who is interested in fixing the MFC port up.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

A release with UPS support is available now.. for the release of Mother 3 translation... (if that wasn't obvious, you should stop living under a rock).
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

And....

http://vba-m.ngemu.com/vbam/vbacompiles ... ance781.7z

Didn't bother to post a complete SVN changelog.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

You have to keep all saves (GB/GBC/GBA) in one folder for this release.
Squall_Leonhart
Trooper

Post by Squall_Leonhart »

Clements wrote:You have to keep all saves (GB/GBC/GBA) in one folder for this release.
Its been that way for ever, you could just remove it before and have them save in the same folder as the roms, which is untidy behavior imo.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/squall_leonhart69r/Final_Fantasy_8/squall_sig1.gif[/img]
[url=http://vba-m.com/]VBA-M Forum[/url], [url=http://www.ngohq.com]NGOHQ[/url]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

h4tred wrote:And....

http://vba-m.ngemu.com/vbam/vbacompiles ... ance781.7z

Didn't bother to post a complete SVN changelog.
I can't find any changelog at all for it o_o, why was nothing about it posted on the vba-m forums? the previous build is still a sticky.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64