1GB GD-ROM images?

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I'm saying, most emulators that i know of, don't emulate anything unless a game or BIOS is loaded. opening a emulator is not the same as engaging in emulation. opening a emulator is just like opening mspaint... it just sits there. therefor that is why most emulators by themselves is legal.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

Well if a company gives out licenses and copies of the software then everything is great.
http://www.harmlesslion.com/cgi-bin/sho ... =Classic99

EDIT: And Paint is a bad comparison, Paint already generates a blank bitmap on execution ready to be modified.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:I'm saying, most emulators that i know of, don't emulate anything unless a game or BIOS is loaded.
There's not a computer in the world that actually DOES something without software.
You've mistaken an annoying kludge by NoA for actual system activity in the NES.

opening a emulator is not the same as engaging in emulation. opening a emulator is just like opening mspaint... it just sits there. therefor that is why most emulators by themselves is legal.
Your conclusion is WRONG.

Emulation is legal for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that you can use legally-owned or freely-available software.
Which was my point with the counter-questions.

See also: Sony VS Bleem!. Any one of them. Sony NEVER won a lawsuit against Bleem!, they just whittled away at their finances with groundless lawsuit after groundless lawsuit until Bleem! couldn't afford to fight anymore.

They bought Connectix' Virtual Game Station instead of suing, likely because Connectix' pockets were deep enough to fight(or maybe they made the Bleem! guys an offer, and they were refused).

Now drop the holier-than-thou attitude, batten your hatches, and fly your Jolly Roger. You're sailing the Warez Sea on the HMS Rawmz, and you know it.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Arr, there be stupid in here.

Emulators are a fine way to run homebrew. HOMEBREW. It's all the rage.

Now everybody shut the fuck up and gimme back the deadhorsebeatstick.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

franpa wrote:therefor that is why most emulators by themselves is legal.
And so ended franpa's fourth grade school project on "why teh emulaters isn't bad".

EDIT: There should be a "CUTE: but wrong" franpa alert. It would be pink. For serious.