State of the N64 emulation scene

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Nach wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:
declan wrote:Forget about ps3 emulation for now.

Do you recon it would be possible to emulate the GameCube with curent chip sets (Anthlon 64 and Core2 Duo)???
If we're having trouble with N64, what makes you think the GC is viable? You're talking about significantly increased complexity, by leaps and bounds.
Interesting thing about the GameCube is that it uses a PowerPC processor and an ATI video card.

On a multicore PPC and on a machine with an ATI video card, it may just be possible to actually run the two main processing units directly, and use the other cores for working out the extra sync math and quirks.

Hence why I think emulating the XBox shouldn't require as much horsepower as say the PS2. Since when parts aren't actually emulated, but are able to be ran just like the original (if possible), extra overhead for that component isn't needed.
The "ATi" chip is actually a design by a completely different company that ATi bought not long before the GC came out. It's a very unusual design(Search through the forums at www.beyond3d.com), and wouldn't be able to be emulated quite like that.

It does have some rather standard graphics features, mind you. It's the TEV that's the bitch.

One thing about GC emulation that I like: you should be able to reuse at least some of that code to do Wii emulation. :D :D
byuu

Post by byuu »

One thing about GC emulation that I like: you should be able to reuse at least some of that code to do Wii emulation. :D :D
Wii emulation would be awesome, as it'd be about the only way to play the games since after a year and a half you still can't get one without camping on the streets.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

byuu wrote:
Wii emulation would be awesome, as it'd be about the only way to play the games since after a year and a half you still can't get one without camping on the streets.
a walmart i went into a few days ago had a few.

The last time I had seen them was about a month or more ago. before then was October 2007. O_O
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
declan
Lurker

Post by declan »

Back on the topic of N64 emulation...

Has anyone else had problems with pj64 on Vista?

It seems to handle the polygons fine, but the 2D sprites seem to be rotated 90 degrees along the "Y" axis.

That is, the look like thin lins, and can only be viewed (in SSB) if you pause and change the camera view.
Hardware means nothing if you don't have good software.
Compare the success of SNES over Genisis
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I kind of wished that a emulator who don't use plugings and work as good as Project 64 or 1964 does appears.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!