Is this a good deal on a laptop?

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

lockharte
Regular

Is this a good deal on a laptop?

Post by lockharte »

I found this on my university classifieds

I'm selling a Dell XPS M1210 laptop. Asking $800, but willing to negotiate. Laptop is in good condition and works fine. It should run Vista well, too. Specs: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7600 (2.33GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB) Genuine Windows® XP Media Center, Ext USB TV Tuner, Remote Vista Support Integrated Webcam and Mobile Broadband Antenna 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms) 100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7400 TurboCache™ Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery Hi-Speed: Dell Draft N Wireless Norton Internet Security™ 2006 Edition 15-months Deluxe Pack - Expanded Photo+Music: Snapfire Plus, Yahoo! Jukebox Plus 2Yr Ltd Warranty and At-Home Service Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I'm no expert but that sounds fairly good. That's about how much you could get something like that in a store only it comes with more stuff (as it should because it isn't new) I would try to negotiate with the person a bit though.

Again, I'm not an expert, it's just an observation, but DOES look like a fair deal.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Good deal, try to get him lower of course, but would still be a solid buy at $800.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

dude that thing is like a steal at that price

go for it!
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

That's a pretty good notebook at that price. I'd buy it ASAP.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

thats right,
the dude who selling the laptop should've done better, if he would do the auction, he'll reap better profit that way.