View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 7:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
I've left school!! 
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post I've left school!!
So today was my last day of school in my final year at highschool.

I'm so happy right now! Of course, I still have to sit my exams, but from now on, I no longer have to sit in classes!

I am uber omega fucking happy!

Whoohoo!

And in a few months, I'll be in college. But hey, I'm doing things that I'll enjoy (Maths, Physics, Computing), so yeah! :D

I just really needed to tell people how happy I am, so I posted here :)

And now I must study for exams.


Tue May 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:25 am
Posts: 387
Location: Mexico
Reply with quote
Post 
I'm almost done as well, except I mean college. Wednesday is my last day per se, except there will be certification courses I will take, so not that much will change.

I'm not done with my thesis either.

_________________
_-|-_


Tue May 13, 2008 4:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Devil's Advocate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:51 pm
Posts: 2293
Location: Hmo. Son.
Reply with quote
Post 
I still have a couple of weeks of my 8th semester, I'll finish law school classes next december, hopefully I'll have my thesis finished by then, to start the title procedures and get it before may 09.

After that, I hope I can score a scholarship or something and go for a master degree.

_________________
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.


Tue May 13, 2008 5:50 pm
Profile
Locksmith of Hyrule
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:49 am
Posts: 3634
Location: 255.255.255.255
Reply with quote
Post 
I just got my fourth MOUS Certification not too long ago

I'll probably be looking into doing accounting as well.

_________________
Image
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.


Tue May 13, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:40 pm
Posts: 203
Location: house of the rising sun
Reply with quote
Post 
adventure_of_link wrote:
I just got my fourth MOUS Certification not too long ago

I'll probably be looking into doing accounting as well.


pressing F1 must take a lot of effort

_________________
whattheboat.com : still not dead
playithardcore.com: we are better at games than you

Join boat web IRC and talk to boaters: http://irc.whatthebert.com/


Tue May 13, 2008 8:31 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Locksmith of Hyrule
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:49 am
Posts: 3634
Location: 255.255.255.255
Reply with quote
Post 
soulmata wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:
I just got my fourth MOUS Certification not too long ago

I'll probably be looking into doing accounting as well.


pressing F1 must take a lot of effort

coming onto the zboard (the place you despise now) just to insult me must've taken a lot of effort

(also consider that he's busy with homeowning)

_________________
Image
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.


Wed May 14, 2008 4:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Retrosexual
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:09 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Rapture
Reply with quote
Post 
you left out one thing in the entire equation:

ATTRACTIVE WOMEN

_________________
ultimate immortality
Image


Wed May 14, 2008 5:09 am
Profile
Transmutation Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:17 pm
Posts: 724
Location: Colombia (and no, not on the jungle)
Reply with quote
Post 
It all looks so cool, until you have to get into an office. Then again, when you're stupid enough to try and get a 2nd degree (like me) that's the only thing you can do.

_________________
[size=67]
Playing:
[color=green]Blur, Front Mission DS, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, The Last Remnant[/color]
In Line:
[color=red]Far Cry II, Final Fantasy XIII, Revenant Wings[/color]
[/size]


Wed May 14, 2008 6:07 am
Profile ICQ
"Your thread will be crushed."
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1234
Location: Not in Winnipeg
Reply with quote
Post 
I predict that Franky will fail at physics, math and computing. It is fucking hard and he has not really demostrated that he is very intelligent. I know this because I have seen so many people drop out of these subjects after their first year.


Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:47 am
Posts: 6747
Reply with quote
Post 
badinsults wrote:
I predict that Franky will fail at physics, math and computing. It is fucking hard and he has not really demostrated that he is very intelligent. I know this because I have seen so many people drop out of these subjects after their first year.


Sounds like Wild E. Coyote physics at work here.

_________________
Continuing FF4 Research...


Wed May 14, 2008 7:01 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
If maths classes were videogames, I'd own your asses.

Anyway, being serious:
I really wish you were physically in front of me. That way, I'd be able to prove you wrong, in person.

In fact, thank you for the comment. You've just given me inspiration to prove you wrong.

...
It's sad that you'll never know me in person. I'm a lot smarter than you seem to think.
But you're going to disagree just because I don't demonstrate it -- you only know the text I type. You don't know me.


Last edited by ZH/Franky on Wed May 14, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 14, 2008 7:05 pm
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:14 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: Nokia Land
Reply with quote
Post 
Ever seen the Edit button?

_________________
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Image


Wed May 14, 2008 7:14 pm
Profile
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:47 am
Posts: 6747
Reply with quote
Post 
Agozer wrote:
Ever seen the Edit button?


It's reached mythical status, like Nessie!

_________________
Continuing FF4 Research...


Wed May 14, 2008 7:15 pm
Profile
"Your thread will be crushed."
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1234
Location: Not in Winnipeg
Reply with quote
Post 
Franky wrote:
If maths classes were videogames, I'd own your asses.

Anyway, being serious:
I really wish you were physically in front of me. That way, I'd be able to prove you wrong, in person.

In fact, thank you for the comment. You've just given me inspiration to prove you wrong.

...
It's sad that you'll never know me in person. I'm a lot smarter than you seem to think.
But you're going to disagree just because I don't demonstrate it -- you only know the text I type. You don't know me.


Hey, I can only go by what I have observed. Physics is not some easy memorization class like it is in high school, it requires careful examination of the problems and the ability to think logically. These are two things that I have not seen you do in your posts. I have a masters degree in geophysics, and I have seen many people fail during my time in school.


Wed May 14, 2008 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply with quote
Post 
A's in maths, A's in physics.
Up until now, those are the grades I've been getting in both subjects. I've already done plenty of exams. The ones I'm having soon are my end of year exams.

I also have been getting A's in all other subjects (except for english language where I've been getting B's, and in english literature where I've been getting C's).

Now, since when have straight A (or almost straight A) students been stupid?
I'm going to get A's in all my final year exams too. I don't even listen to the worry that I won't -- I just get on with it, study, and shoot the worry in the face.

When I get my exam results in a few months time, I'll take photo's and show them to you.

And in two years time when I at least pass college adequetly, I'll show you my grades for those aswell.
I will be laughing when I do that, because I love proving people wrong.

You'll note that I never say "if" in this post. It's "when" because I never think about failing. I don't question my ability -- I go out and shoot failure in the face.


Wed May 14, 2008 7:18 pm
"Your thread will be crushed."
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1234
Location: Not in Winnipeg
Reply with quote
Post 
Franky wrote:
A's in maths, A's in physics.
Up until now, those are the grades I've been getting in both subjects. I've already done plenty of exams. The ones I'm having soon are my end of year exams.

I also have been getting A's in all other subjects (except for english language where I've been getting B's, and in english literature where I've been getting C's).

Now, since when have straight A (or almost straight A) students been stupid?
I'm going to get A's in all my final year exams too. I don't even listen to the worry that I won't -- I just get on with it, study, and shoot the worry in the face.

When I get my exam results in a few months time, I'll take photo's and show them to you.

And in two years time when I at least pass college adequetly, I'll show you my grades for those aswell.
I will be laughing when I do that, because I love proving people wrong.

You'll note that I never say "if" in this post. It's "when" because I never think about failing. I don't question my ability -- I go out and shoot failure in the face.


Like I said, I have seen it happen. I know people who were straight A students, and fail to pass even first year physics. I have also seen people who barely passed high school math and physics get straight A's in university physics. It is a different world in university.


Wed May 14, 2008 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply with quote
Post 
Seriously, I'd give you my home address so you could come meet me if I wasn't too afraid of potential weirdos.

That way I'd be able to walk the walk rather than just talk the talk, but showing you my abilities in person. Now, the reason I act so nutty on the net, is because, well, how do I describe this...
I'm just a crazy person.

You guys seem to think I'm stupid, that I can't think logically.
I don't lack logic or intelligence, I just sometimes lack rationality.

Yeah, don't nag me, I'm working on it ma'


Wed May 14, 2008 7:22 pm
"Your thread will be crushed."
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1234
Location: Not in Winnipeg
Reply with quote
Post 
Franky wrote:
Seriously, I'd give you my home address so you could come meet me if I wasn't too afraid of potential weirdos.

That way I'd be able to walk the walk rather than just talk the talk, but showing you my abilities in person. Now, the reason I act so nutty on the net, is because, well, how do I describe this...
I'm just a crazy person.

You guys seem to think I'm stupid, that I can't think logically.
I don't lack logic or intelligence, I just sometimes lack rationality.

Yeah, don't nag me, I'm working on it ma'


If you want my respect, you should not act so desperate. And stop being so dull.


Wed May 14, 2008 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply with quote
Post 
badinsults wrote:
Franky wrote:
A's in maths, A's in physics.
Up until now, those are the grades I've been getting in both subjects. I've already done plenty of exams. The ones I'm having soon are my end of year exams.

I also have been getting A's in all other subjects (except for english language where I've been getting B's, and in english literature where I've been getting C's).

Now, since when have straight A (or almost straight A) students been stupid?
I'm going to get A's in all my final year exams too. I don't even listen to the worry that I won't -- I just get on with it, study, and shoot the worry in the face.

When I get my exam results in a few months time, I'll take photo's and show them to you.

And in two years time when I at least pass college adequetly, I'll show you my grades for those aswell.
I will be laughing when I do that, because I love proving people wrong.

You'll note that I never say "if" in this post. It's "when" because I never think about failing. I don't question my ability -- I go out and shoot failure in the face.


Like I said, I have seen it happen. I know people who were straight A students, and fail to pass even first year physics. I have also seen people who barely passed high school math and physics get straight A's in university physics. It is a different world in university.


Right, so you saying that the straight A highschool satudents aren't intelligent, jsut academic. I'm the most unacedamic person you'll ever see.

You see, most straight A students get straight A's because they work hard. I'm the laziest person you'll ever meet. Now just think, I'm lazy but getting A's -- if I suddenly work hard, what do you think will happen?

1) It's kinda hard to explain but if you work very very very very hard to get A's, you are not intelligent, you are studious.
2) If you don't work nearl;y as hard as the person explained above, and get A's, you are intelligent.

I don't want to look like a boasting asshole, but I'm person 2.


Last edited by ZH/Franky on Wed May 14, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 14, 2008 7:25 pm
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:47 am
Posts: 6747
Reply with quote
Post 
Franky wrote:
badinsults wrote:
Franky wrote:
A's in maths, A's in physics.
Up until now, those are the grades I've been getting in both subjects. I've already done plenty of exams. The ones I'm having soon are my end of year exams.

I also have been getting A's in all other subjects (except for english language where I've been getting B's, and in english literature where I've been getting C's).

Now, since when have straight A (or almost straight A) students been stupid?
I'm going to get A's in all my final year exams too. I don't even listen to the worry that I won't -- I just get on with it, study, and shoot the worry in the face.

When I get my exam results in a few months time, I'll take photo's and show them to you.

And in two years time when I at least pass college adequetly, I'll show you my grades for those aswell.
I will be laughing when I do that, because I love proving people wrong.

You'll note that I never say "if" in this post. It's "when" because I never think about failing. I don't question my ability -- I go out and shoot failure in the face.


Like I said, I have seen it happen. I know people who were straight A students, and fail to pass even first year physics. I have also seen people who barely passed high school math and physics get straight A's in university physics. It is a different world in university.


Right, so you saying that the straight A highschool satudents aren't intelligent, jsut academic. I'm the most unacedamic person you'll ever see.

You see, most straight A students get straight A's because they work hard. I'm the laziest person you'll ever meet. Now just think, I'm lazy but getting A's -- if I suddenly work hard, what do you think will happen?


No, his point was that you more likely than not don't know quite exactly what you are getting into. A lot of people are like that going into college (thinking they know it all), so it's a natural reaction/response to what you are saying.

_________________
Continuing FF4 Research...


Last edited by Deathlike2 on Wed May 14, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 14, 2008 7:27 pm
Profile
"Your thread will be crushed."
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1234
Location: Not in Winnipeg
Reply with quote
Post 
Franky wrote:
badinsults wrote:
Franky wrote:
A's in maths, A's in physics.
Up until now, those are the grades I've been getting in both subjects. I've already done plenty of exams. The ones I'm having soon are my end of year exams.

I also have been getting A's in all other subjects (except for english language where I've been getting B's, and in english literature where I've been getting C's).

Now, since when have straight A (or almost straight A) students been stupid?
I'm going to get A's in all my final year exams too. I don't even listen to the worry that I won't -- I just get on with it, study, and shoot the worry in the face.

When I get my exam results in a few months time, I'll take photo's and show them to you.

And in two years time when I at least pass college adequetly, I'll show you my grades for those aswell.
I will be laughing when I do that, because I love proving people wrong.

You'll note that I never say "if" in this post. It's "when" because I never think about failing. I don't question my ability -- I go out and shoot failure in the face.


Like I said, I have seen it happen. I know people who were straight A students, and fail to pass even first year physics. I have also seen people who barely passed high school math and physics get straight A's in university physics. It is a different world in university.


Right, so you saying that the straight A highschool satudents aren't intelligent, jsut academic. I'm the most unacedamic person you'll ever see.

You see, most straight A students get straight A's because they work hard. I'm the laziest person you'll ever meet. Now just think, I'm lazy but getting A's -- if I suddenly work hard, what do you think will happen?


Without a doubt, your laziness will catch up to you, and you will learn the hard way that it is a much different game than high school. I know, I have been there. If you ask me, high school marks are irrelevant.


Wed May 14, 2008 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply with quote
Post 
Deathlike2 wrote:
Franky wrote:
badinsults wrote:
Franky wrote:
A's in maths, A's in physics.
Up until now, those are the grades I've been getting in both subjects. I've already done plenty of exams. The ones I'm having soon are my end of year exams.

I also have been getting A's in all other subjects (except for english language where I've been getting B's, and in english literature where I've been getting C's).

Now, since when have straight A (or almost straight A) students been stupid?
I'm going to get A's in all my final year exams too. I don't even listen to the worry that I won't -- I just get on with it, study, and shoot the worry in the face.

When I get my exam results in a few months time, I'll take photo's and show them to you.

And in two years time when I at least pass college adequetly, I'll show you my grades for those aswell.
I will be laughing when I do that, because I love proving people wrong.

You'll note that I never say "if" in this post. It's "when" because I never think about failing. I don't question my ability -- I go out and shoot failure in the face.


Like I said, I have seen it happen. I know people who were straight A students, and fail to pass even first year physics. I have also seen people who barely passed high school math and physics get straight A's in university physics. It is a different world in university.


Right, so you saying that the straight A highschool satudents aren't intelligent, jsut academic. I'm the most unacedamic person you'll ever see.

You see, most straight A students get straight A's because they work hard. I'm the laziest person you'll ever meet. Now just think, I'm lazy but getting A's -- if I suddenly work hard, what do you think will happen?


No, his point was that you more likely than not don't know quite exactly what you are getting into. A lot of people are like that in college (thinking they know it all), so it's a natural reaction/response to what you are saying.

Oh, so that''s it, is it?
Well, I know exactly what I'm getting into, don't worry about me. Yeah, I know the type you're on about -- i've seen those people two, the people who just don't think about what they want to do, they just go for things on a whim. I don't have a whim.


Wed May 14, 2008 7:28 pm
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:47 am
Posts: 6747
Reply with quote
Post 
Franky wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:
Franky wrote:
badinsults wrote:
Franky wrote:
A's in maths, A's in physics.
Up until now, those are the grades I've been getting in both subjects. I've already done plenty of exams. The ones I'm having soon are my end of year exams.

I also have been getting A's in all other subjects (except for english language where I've been getting B's, and in english literature where I've been getting C's).

Now, since when have straight A (or almost straight A) students been stupid?
I'm going to get A's in all my final year exams too. I don't even listen to the worry that I won't -- I just get on with it, study, and shoot the worry in the face.

When I get my exam results in a few months time, I'll take photo's and show them to you.

And in two years time when I at least pass college adequetly, I'll show you my grades for those aswell.
I will be laughing when I do that, because I love proving people wrong.

You'll note that I never say "if" in this post. It's "when" because I never think about failing. I don't question my ability -- I go out and shoot failure in the face.


Like I said, I have seen it happen. I know people who were straight A students, and fail to pass even first year physics. I have also seen people who barely passed high school math and physics get straight A's in university physics. It is a different world in university.


Right, so you saying that the straight A highschool satudents aren't intelligent, jsut academic. I'm the most unacedamic person you'll ever see.

You see, most straight A students get straight A's because they work hard. I'm the laziest person you'll ever meet. Now just think, I'm lazy but getting A's -- if I suddenly work hard, what do you think will happen?


No, his point was that you more likely than not don't know quite exactly what you are getting into. A lot of people are like that in college (thinking they know it all), so it's a natural reaction/response to what you are saying.

Oh, so that''s it, is it?
Well, I know exactly what I'm getting into, don't worry about me. Yeah, I know the type you're on about -- i've seen those people two, the people who just don't think about what they want to do, they just go for things on a whim. I don't have a whim.


You are doing that right now, as a response. I'm not sure you realize that.

_________________
Continuing FF4 Research...


Wed May 14, 2008 7:30 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
Ok, explain to me, because I'm getting annoyed now.

Look, you have to realise that you know about college, what it's like. I suppose I know a little bit, you know, the beginning stuff.

But remember, you wouldn't have known exactly everything when you were in my position.
Remember, I'm a human being. That means I'm able to adapt to change.

I've read, in detail, everything about the courses I'm taking. I've also asked students at the college I'm going to, who are doing the subjects i'm taking, so I have a very good idea about what I'm getting into. Now this is what I know so far, but I don't know what the classes are actually like inside, but neither would you have known so when you were in my position, saying "when" going to college, rather than "now I'm in college".

I've always loved maths and science. And from a young age, I've been fascinated with computers. If you're saying that I only "think" I want these things, but that I'm not "sure" I want them, that I'm just doing them because, well...
You're wrong.


Last edited by ZH/Franky on Wed May 14, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 14, 2008 7:32 pm
Randomness
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:01 pm
Posts: 1172
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Post 
Perhaps you will survive University. You need fighting spirit and competitiveness or you'll just be one of the numerous lazy or incompetent drop-outs who couldn't cut the mustard even after year 1. In my courses, which were both in the Biological Sciences, there were many that were hopelessly lost from the start.

High School is so painfully easy that it does not always adequately prepare you for University education and the way you should do things. Anyone with half a brain can get straight A's in all subjects in High School with a bit of effort. If you can also pull that off in University, then that is a real achievement.

Make sure you attend all lectures, do all your coursework on time to the best of your ability, work through tasks in groups if you can etc. Maths/Physics is not exactly something that you can simply coast through. Don't spend all your time and money in the student bars and you probably will succeed and get a good class of degree.

_________________
ZSNES Documentation Project | bsnes Fan | Official ZSNES Facebook Group


Wed May 14, 2008 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.