Apology

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

ZH/Franky

Apology

Post by ZH/Franky »

I read through that ubuntu thread again and realized... well, I was being an idiot.
I wouldn't exactly call it ignorance/stupidity, I'd just read a few things here and there and assumed this and that; and when you guys gave answers, I guess I just assumed (for some reason) that the answers, while correct, were not the ones I was looking for. I guess I just got all worried about nothing. Well, I was being rude to you guys.

I'm not sure whether or not you'll accept my apology for being so rude and disrespectful, but I don't care. That part is up to you.

Anyway, I'm sorry.

PS:
I thought some more about whether 64-bit ubuntu would be right for me, but I could never really come to a conclusion. Well, I just decided to try it.

It was a little bit faster in certain things, but overall it was basically the same. I only have 1024MiB or ram, so it's not like a 32-bit OS can't use all of my ram, and I don't really use any programs that need more than a gig of ram (I don't even need 1 gig of ram, ha!). I don't exactly do a lot of cpu-damanding things either ( except maybe use bsnes :P ). Plus, I started thinking about things I use a lot, like flash, java, etc, and remembered that it's a complete pain in the ass to use them on a 64-bit system. I also use a lot of programs that are only available for 32-bit.

Maybe in another 5 years when support for 64-bit OS's is better and when I actually need at least 4 gigs or ram, that I'll consider using a 64-bit OS.

In the end, I decided to just replace the 64-bit version of ubuntu I installed with a 32-bit version. (I downloaded both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Ubuntu 8.04.1). I post this very message on Ubuntu (using firefox 3).
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

you've made these apologies in the past and YOU STILL KEEP FUCKING DOING IT

god damn you're dumb
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

I'm sorry too. I didn't bother reading your post, nor will anyone else because nobody gives a shit :cry:

if you really want to apologize, then QUIT POSTING. thx.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
declan
Lurker

Post by declan »

Wait till grin sees this thread :lol:

*LOCK!!*

nah.. I really don't know what he'll do... or if he'll care....
Hardware means nothing if you don't have good software.
Compare the success of SNES over Genisis
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Wow!
Just... Wow!
I take back that apology, assholes.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Now that's the spirit!
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Franky wrote:Wow!
Just... Wow!
I take back that apology, assholes.
Maybe if you'd actually do what you say you're going to do in your apologies in the first place and then TRULY promise to not do the dumb things you apologized for to begin with, people would take this seriously, ASSHOLE.

Also, moved to general nonsense at least.

EDIT: a couple more things:

1) whatever happened to you using Google before making posts here?

And 2) if you don't care about us NOT accepting your apology, why did you get pissy and take it back?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

You would probably benefit from simply waiting a few minutes and then review what you've written before submitting a post.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Johan_H wrote:You would probably benefit from simply waiting a few minutes and then review what you've written before submitting a post.
Win

Anyways, there are plenty of stupid threads by Franky, so I am going to close this one up.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

badinsults wrote:
Johan_H wrote:You would probably benefit from simply waiting a few minutes and then review what you've written before submitting a post.
Win
The problem is that the failure to comprehend is half the problem. Even the edit button can't quite fix stupidity.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
neoblaze
8-bit Moderator

Post by neoblaze »

Man, I kinda miss this stuff. ^^