I'm done with school.

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Metatron wrote:
Agozer wrote:SCIENTIST OF LAW

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? :D
No, it doesn't.

To be perfectly honest, scientists get paid shitty-ass salaries most of the time.

Since Joe can practice with just a BA (or is it BS?), he should do no more work unless he thinks it'll help him do his job better and for more money.

I fail to see how he'd contribute more to society as a scientist of law rather than someone who would actually get cases through judges, aka get shit actually done.
Meh? It just means more face time on TV networks if you need a quote from a lawyer.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Joe Camacho wrote:I don't know if I should be offended or laugh.

So I'll do both.
Seriously, congratulations.

You should laugh.
That was just the first thing that popped into my head when I read SCIENTIST OF LAW.

Besides, Bill Nye is awesome! :P
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Metatron wrote:
Agozer wrote:SCIENTIST OF LAW

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? :D
No, it doesn't.

To be perfectly honest, scientists get paid shitty-ass salaries most of the time.

Since Joe can practice with just a BA (or is it BS?), he should do no more work unless he thinks it'll help him do his job better and for more money.

I fail to see how he'd contribute more to society as a scientist of law rather than someone who would actually get cases through judges, aka get shit actually done.
Yeah, that's actually my "problem" right now. After I get my title and profesional cell (Finishing my thesis and defending it), I'm by law, a complete mexican lawyer and allowed to practice law in all Mexico.

If I study a masters, here in Mexico, maybe I won't be able to "practice" law (There is a scholarship I can apply to in which I can get enough money to live and study without working) but at least I will stay here and keep the pace of law reform, and study mexican terms and jurisprudence which will help me to practice law in the future, because I would study a field of law that I'm really interested in.

But if I go study abroad, I might need more than 2 years, at a place learning stuff I might or might not apply in practice, but for teaching and "title worthy", it's nicer to have a studies at another country than here.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.