Looking for a nice pc case

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

clessoulis
Regular

Looking for a nice pc case

Post by clessoulis »

I got a oldschool petium 3 here and the motherboard looks like a standard size one.

I need a case thats polished black case. Has enough room for 2 cd drives and 2 floppy drive sized ports.

If anyone can point me to some nice case site much thanks.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

Save the money, save it for a new machine, you'll need it soon.
everything i say is a lie
the above line is true
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

See thanks for the help but I dont want a new pc nor care for one. I want a new case which is what I asked for in the first place.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

Well, which country are you in, so I at least find it somewhere it is easy for you to order it from. Also, do you have a budget at all?
the above line is true
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

No budget really just looking for something nice and none LED everywhere. I live in the USA Im fine with ordering outside the US too.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

Actually having a hard time finding something with a polished black surface atall, seems that it is rather uncommon. I've looked at ncix and newegg so far, I'll keep sifting.
the above line is true
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

antec p180 sonata black
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

When I say polished black I mean like how apple pc's are but like black. I dont know if polish is the correct word for that.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

clessoulis wrote:When I say polished black I mean like how apple pc's are but like black. I dont know if polish is the correct word for that.
So then, a glossy shiny looking black?
the above line is true
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

Que wrote:
clessoulis wrote:When I say polished black I mean like how apple pc's are but like black. I dont know if polish is the correct word for that.
So then, a glossy shiny looking black?
Yeah excatly like that. Sorry for not knowing that it was called. I simply dont think there is anything with this look except like pre built pcs.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

yeah you're looking for gloss black. I've never seen a gloss black computer, only semi gloss. maybe you'll need to buy a case, and repaint the thing in gloss black. or at least shoot some clear coat all over it. then you can wax your pc like you wax a car! hours of fun!!

but if you want the ultimate mirror shine, and have lots of time to waste on it, try this shit out.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

Thank you so much now I just need to find a decent case thats pretty much flat on the front and has no curves. That way I can easly sand it and start shining it down. Trying to get that ps3 black look going on.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

sweener2001 wrote:antec p180 sonata black
that's a really good case, right there.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

I'm just going for a purely cosmetic thing not funtionality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811180043 < thats what I will be getting then I will be sanding it all down with the guide provided and adding a mirror shine. Then adding a clear black polish over that so its even more shiny blackness everywhere.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

You can always buy one that looks good and then DIY. There are lots of FAQs all over that tell how to paint your case, and some of them look damned good after all is said and done.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

sweener2001 wrote:antec p180 sonata black
Does it really do a good job at silencing the PC? Also, how are it's temperatures? I've been considering that case for a while now... but in real life it looks just as unimpressive as it's pictures.
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

The only problem I can see with a glossy black case, or even a matte one, is the same problem that the PS3 has. Total dust magnet.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

AntoineWG wrote:The only problem I can see with a glossy black case, or even a matte one, is the same problem that the PS3 has. Total dust magnet.
truth, silver avoids dust the most, imo
the above line is true
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Que wrote:
AntoineWG wrote:The only problem I can see with a glossy black case, or even a matte one, is the same problem that the PS3 has. Total dust magnet.
truth, silver avoids dust the most, imo
Or it is just that dust is easier to see on black?
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

In reality they collect the same amount of dust, Dark or glossy surfaces, especially gloss black, show it off well. Matte silver or grey tend to hide it best.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

Need a new sig...