Can't Get Out of Black Screen After Going Fullscreen

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Nitruc

Can't Get Out of Black Screen After Going Fullscreen

Post by Nitruc »

I was having issues with the resolution of ZSNES, so I set it to the custom 1920x1600 reso. Everything was working fine where the screen looks like it was in fullscreen but still had the top options bar at the top like it was windowed. I clicked the fullscreen expand option in the top right corner and the screen went black.

I figured just closing the program and opening again would fix it, but nope, now every time I open ZSNES it goes right to the black screen. :(
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Can't Get Out of Black Screen After Going Fullscreen

Post by odditude »

open zsnesw.cfg and change the value of cvidmode (around line 138) to the value of PrevWinMode (two lines below).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
yukon.c

Post by yukon.c »

I recently got zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) from the repository and was playing with the resolution settings. I chose on that put me in a black screen that I can't get out of. I used synaptic manager to completely remove the config files but it doesn't change in the fresh install. Any advice for a newb ubuntu user?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

the config files should be located in ~/.zsnes - modify the video mode selection manually. if you're completely stuck, just delete that directory.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.