I'm a kid all over again. (2 player?)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Zirca

I'm a kid all over again. (2 player?)

Post by Zirca »

First, let me begin by saying THANK YOU to anyone and everyone responsible for making it possible to play my old snes favourites on my fossil of a computer.
There are no words to describe the joy in this program.

And now follows a question, (for i am an toddler here):

I have no external controllers. I am using a laptop keypad to contol FF3, Super Mario World, etc. My friend quickly grew jealous so i downloaded Super Mario Kart snes ROM, though i cannot figure out how to configure the input for player number 2. I'd like it to be a mirror image... so P1 uses/';.,l and directional pad, while P2 uses asdfgzxc or something similar. It would be awesome if someone responds, until then, i'll fiddle around some more.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: I'm a kid all over again. (2 player?)

Post by badinsults »

In the controller setup menu, there are tabs for other controllers. Simply click on the tab, and configure away.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Though two people playing Mario Kart on a keyboard is a recipe for pain.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Though two people playing Mario Kart on a keyboard is a recipe for pain.
I remember waaaaay back when, we did 2 players on a keyboard playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Damn that brings back memories. It was when zsnes had a gui a lot like the menu when you press f1 now.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

SquareHead wrote:gui a lot like the menu when you press f1 now.
not "a lot like"

the f1 menu is the legacy from zgui1
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

No, see, didn't ZSNES have a simple centered menu box for loading games? Or was it so old that you had to load the game from the command prompt and quit to load another? I don't care to download an ancient version and run it in dosbox to refresh my memory.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

kode54 wrote:No, see, didn't ZSNES have a simple centered menu box for loading games? Or was it so old that you had to load the game from the command prompt and quit to load another? I don't care to download an ancient version and run it in dosbox to refresh my memory.
The latter, which is the cause of pretty much every current maintenance issues.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54