unable to creat executablres

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

jutta

unable to creat executablres

Post by jutta »

I am nopt realy a fan of linux - but my mother uses ut -.-" and she wanted me to install Zsnes for her, so I tried my est and followed trhe readme that was added to the download, but am stuk at the command "./configure --enable-release" - it always chens a few things, and then says C: error cannot compile executeables - and I tried around with su and no su, but i am already at the end of my knowledge, which, I have to admit isnt that great since I myself still use windows -.-" I hope anyone can help me with that, thank you :3
byuu

Post by byuu »

Perhaps you misspelled one of the commands used to compile the software? Just guessing here ... perhaps paste the output it's giving you, so that we have more to go on. Linux distro name and version might be helpful, too. Ubuntu ships with very little compilation tools, but then you can simply run "sudo apt-get install zsnes" and be done with it.
jutta

Post by jutta »

jutta@jutta-laptop:~/Desktop/zsnes_1_51/src$ sudo ./configure --enable-release
[sudo] password for jutta:
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
jutta@jutta-laptop:~/Desktop/zsnes_1_51/src$

thats what it says.

I tried your sudo apt-get install zsnes and it did something - just not sure what it did ^^ <but I have to translate first (it had german output, weill edit it in within the next few mins).

Edit: Whatever it did it worked :) got the programm now - just need game to test now :3

Thank you alot :)

only problem left_ It doesent play any sounds so far -.-"
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

You need glibc, probably. But if the apt-get install was successful, you wont have to compile it.
jutta

Post by jutta »

any ideas what ccould e wrong that I dont have any sound? I am guessing that this system doesent have any drivers or programms like direct X - is there anything I need for Zsnes to work properly?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Set up zsnes to use whatever sound stuff you're using... alsa, pulse, oss, arts, whatever.

Do we have that in documentation somewhere ? I'm really tired of not being able to just reply RTFM.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Short answer is "it's not really that good".

Beef it up and you'll get more opportunities to throw that out there.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
jutta

Post by jutta »

grinvader wrote:Set up zsnes to use whatever sound stuff you're using... alsa, pulse, oss, arts, whatever.

Do we have that in documentation somewhere ? I'm really tired of not being able to just reply RTFM.
I installed "alsa", but how do I set up Zsnes to use a certain sound stuff? I looked in the Zsnes menues (sounds etc.) but couldnt find anything.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Edit the configuration file or run zsnes from the command line with a valid parameter to the -ad switch (not expecting you to do that one).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54