Turbo Keyboard Combination?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

SpaceFrank

Turbo Keyboard Combination?

Post by SpaceFrank »

How are you gentlemen!

I need some advice on keyboard combinations. I am trying to set up a key that will go back and forth between pressing left and right continuously. If necessary, I don't even mind setting up a "poor man's turbo" whereby one key presses left and then right, and I set a rock on that key to make it continuous. Unfortunately, I can't even make that work.

After playing around with the options for a bit, I set it up so that spacebar would activate <press&release left> <wait 0.5s> <press&release right> <wait 0.5s>. But it doesn't keep doing it if I hold down the spacebar. Is there any way to make this work?

What I'm trying to do, if you're curious, is uncurse the Cursed Shield in FF3 by running through battles on the Solitary Island. I could continually enter and win really easy battles without being there by setting a rock on the left-right combo button as well as the button I set up for Turbo A, which should just keep selecting "Fight" as well as clearing the end-of-battle notifications.

Of course, if there is a completely different way to go about this that doesn't involve sitting through 256 battles, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!