8DH key?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Fergus

8DH key?

Post by Fergus »

Hi. I'm using my Sixaxis controller (PS3) to play FFVI on the ZSNES. But whenever I go to configure my controls in "Input" I always get the 8DH key inputted before I can insert my own button in?

How do I solve this? It won't let me use my custom controls because of this. I had ZSNES for a few weeks and this is the first time it's been doing this.

Help?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

what platform?

does the game controller applet in your OS show any button as being stuck or any axis as being off of neutral?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

If you are on windows, go to your control panel, look for the game controllers section, and recalibrate the controller. The driver "thinks" a button is stuck and it is registered as pressed the moment you start setting your keys in ZSNES.
Fergus

Post by Fergus »

Sorry I should have given more details.

I have Windows XP and a Dell Inspirion 1501 laptop.

I'll try recalibrating it and I'll come back later.
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

Could it very well be one of the sixaxis motion sensors is being registered? Is the controller being moved while setting the keys? I know my saitek P220 does something similiar to this if the throttle axis is set anywhere other than the exact middle.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

dfreer wrote:Could it very well be one of the sixaxis motion sensors is being registered? Is the controller being moved while setting the keys? I know my saitek P220 does something similiar to this if the throttle axis is set anywhere other than the exact middle.
In other words: ZSNES hates the PS3's L2 and R2 triggers.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads