Can you have multiple gamepad config profiles?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

bugger
Rookie

Can you have multiple gamepad config profiles?

Post by bugger »

I was trying to create multiple gamepad button profiles. I thought that configuring Input Devices 1-5 was how to do it but it only uses the buttons from Input 1. Are we allowed to have more than one gamepad profile?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Devices 1-5 are different SNES controllers(3-5 enable the multitap), not alternate mappings for controller 1.

You can enable "use P3/4 as P1/2" and that lets you use device 3 as a second device 1.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

You can also have game-specific controller configurations.
Need a new sig...
bugger
Rookie

Post by bugger »

Thanks for the tip about using P3/4 as P1/2.

How do you use the Game Specific option? I did enable it before but it didn't seem to do anything.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

When that's checked, and you have a game loaded, you can adjust the controls and it'll only apply to that game.
bugger
Rookie

Post by bugger »

paulguy wrote:When that's checked, and you have a game loaded, you can adjust the controls and it'll only apply to that game.

It doesn't work for me. I checked Game Specific, loaded a game, and configured the controls. Then I loaded a different game and unchecked the box but the buttons didn't get changed back to the default. I still had the same controls I configured for the first game.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Hmm, don't know how it works specifically, but it probably loads it on game load, so it won't revert to defaults without a restart. Not sure if it'll just save the last game's config on quit, though.

Just experiment.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I would expect unchecking the game-specific option to disable game-specific configs, so you're stuck with whatever your current config is.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads