"ST-" and "ST+" are not joystick friendly

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

lakecityransom

"ST-" and "ST+" are not joystick friendly

Post by lakecityransom »

I'm using a PS2 controller via USB adapter piece. The save increments work fine on the keyboard, but hot keyed to a controller, it will keep flying through save states. This is a major problem for me now that I have updated and have discovered that it scrolls through 100 save states. Its not a matter of luck to get the proper save state within the 10 states now :lol:

Also, I wondered can I change it back to toggle thru 10 saves only? I ask, because I lack the extra button on the controller to add both ST- and ST+ functions. L2 is ST+, R2 is fast forward, L3 is load, R3 is save game, the rest are keyed to SNES controller functions.

edit: Actually I have just reconfigured st+/st- to the analog R3 and then click to save. Its not optimal but it works.
kode54
Zealot

Re: "ST-" and "ST+" are not joystick friendly

Post by kode54 »

Another option is to use Joy2Key or similar and remap the controller buttons you want to use to keyboard actions.

Yeah, it is sort of a bug.
lakecityransom

Post by lakecityransom »

I had considered mapping to a key using xinputemu, but I figured the root of the problem may persist, it could constantly send keystroke commands as well? I suppose not...

Well anyway, I can't go about that route unless I can scroll thru 10 and not 100 saves. I only can use St+ or St- bind when I only have one free key.

Is there no support for two-button push combos in ZSNES? I know there is a key combo activator button, but that only triggers sequences via a single button push for MK3 moves and such.
walkermore

Post by walkermore »

sounds good to me 8)