Key combination help?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

falconpaunch

Key combination help?

Post by falconpaunch »

I'm trying to set up a key combination for Super Metroid where it would immediately double tap down to morph into the morph ball with one press of the assigned button. Can this be done? If yes, how would I go about setting it up? I am new to macro's.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Re: Key combination help?

Post by Agozer »

Please read the ZSNES documentation. It isn't just filler.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

falconpaunch which is an awesome name that wins a lot of stuff wrote:Can this be done?
yes
how would I go about setting it up?
you go in key combos and add the corresponding string on input you just described

macro's
RRRRAAAAAEEEG
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
falconpaunch

Post by falconpaunch »

Agozer wrote:Please read the ZSNES documentation. It isn't just filler.
Did this already and could not find it, being the reason why I registered and asked a question here. If you could link me to where I would find the answer to my question, I would appreciate it.
grinvader wrote:
falconpaunch which is an awesome name that wins a lot of stuff wrote:Can this be done?
yes
how would I go about setting it up?
you go in key combos and add the corresponding string on input you just described

macro's
RRRRAAAAAEEEG
I have tried to do this, key combos and clicked "press+rel" down twice, when i tied it to a button and pressed the button, it doesn't morph me, just crouches. Basically the same thing as the "down" button.
Last edited by falconpaunch on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Apostrophe, that little symbol that means either a contraction or possessive, not that little thing that alway's goe's before the S in every damn word.
falconpaunch

Post by falconpaunch »

kode54 wrote:Apostrophe, that little symbol that means either a contraction or possessive, not that little thing that alway's goe's before the S in every damn word.
>gets mad at one word
>LOLOLOL
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

falconpaunch wrote:I have tried to do this, key combos and clicked "press+rel" down twice, when i tied it to a button and pressed the button, it doesn't morph me, just crouches. Basically the same thing as the "down" button.
that's because it's what it does

to press+release twice, you have to add a delay between the two
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

falconpaunch wrote: >gets mad at one word
>LOLOLOL
Does this look like 4chan to you?

Actually, on second thought, if this were 4chan, you'd probably have retorted with a U MAD? image macro.
falconpaunch

Post by falconpaunch »

grinvader wrote:
falconpaunch wrote:I have tried to do this, key combos and clicked "press+rel" down twice, when i tied it to a button and pressed the button, it doesn't morph me, just crouches. Basically the same thing as the "down" button.
that's because it's what it does

to press+release twice, you have to add a delay between the two
"Press+release down/1 frame delay/press+release down" did not work, neither did "press+release down/3 frame delay/press+release down" or any of the other delays between the two commands. I'm just going to go ahead an assume it's impossible.
kode54 wrote:
falconpaunch wrote: >gets mad at one word
>LOLOLOL
Does this look like 4chan to you?

Actually, on second thought, if this were 4chan, you'd probably have retorted with a U MAD? image macro.
lolumad
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

falconpaunch wrote:"Press+release down/1 frame delay/press+release down" did not work, neither did "press+release down/3 frame delay/press+release down" or any of the other delays between the two commands. I'm just going to go ahead an assume it's impossible.
lolfail

press down/1 frame/release down/3 frames/press down/1 frame/release down
皆黙って俺について来い!!